Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Gambian Cultural Forum
 Cultural guide: General
 any idea
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  15:54:16  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
I was contacted yesterday by the city town council i reside in to apply for funding for the Gambian community to start a programm of teaching our children our culture and local languages,traditions etc. i will attend a two day training workwshop with other minority groups.but i need more information before accepting the offer on behave the gambian community in the city.

is any one involve in runing a school or community centre for Gambian children? i apply on behave of the gambian community to have access to the city's minority projects for my gambian brothers and sisters .and they have accepted some of our demands.but runing a suplimenatry school for gambian children requires a good wollof and mandinka speaker .and some one good in both traditions. what are the best ways to get such a person? what advices can you supply inorder that we get a good start? we will conduct many educational initiatives.please give any advice you think will be helpful.thanks.
alternatively ,email me at suntou@btinternet.com .if you wish to speak ,i will drop my number .this is important. we are our culture.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  16:29:58  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
Santanfara,
On behalf of Jalikunda Stockholm, we refer you to Jali Alhaji M'bye of Nema Nasir near Wellengara in kombo. We have the Mali School of Music that colaborats with the Music College in Malmö.Music teachers from Malmö are sent to Gambia for pratice. This exchange has been going on for some years now. I would give you his tel.nr if you are intrested. It can be somewhere to start. Are you intrested?
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  16:48:59  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
ofcourse alhasan. i will speak with him.drop me his number. the idea is at an early stage and a good begining is all what we need.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2008 :  09:46:01  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
Santanfara,
here is the number 00220-9950030.
Regards to Alhaji from our chairman Rishala
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2008 :  10:17:49  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
thanks alhasan.i will contact him in due course.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2008 :  12:19:06  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
I think you should give peoples phone numbers via private email rather than publish them on the net. just for personal security of the other person. i hope you got their permission!

My phone number is ex directory and closely guarded.
Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2008 :  12:57:20  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
gambiabev,
There is no harm if the intention is good. It is left to people to missuse phone numbers. This teacher and grandmaster of the kora invites all Gambians tp visit and even register their children to this school. I hope you will not missuse this number. We have nothing to hide.
Go to Top of Page

serenata

Germany
1400 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2008 :  17:25:47  Show Profile Send serenata a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Alhassan
gambiabev,
There is no harm if the intention is good. It is left to people to missuse phone numbers.
Alhassan, do you mean that it is left to this poor teacher to be molested by calls from neonazis or other wackos?

Many people forget that an internet forum is open to the whole world and no private room. It is fine to exchange ideas with people here, but we should also know how to protect ourselves and the people we like.
Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  08:22:04  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
serenata,
I cannot understand you people sometimes. Why would neonazis molest the teacher by calls ? This is about culture not politics. Are you one of these people who would call and molest him?
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  09:15:23  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
Alhassan do not be unnecessarily difficult. Bev and Serenata are telling you something important you need to understand. If these two were such bad people they probably won't alert you the potential danger you might be creating for this man in the Gambia. We are in a different world where personal information needs to be well guarded. You are perhaps aware that some bad elements were sending phony emails to people on Bantaba here including myself with the intention to get there personal information so they can dupe money out of them-Nigerian type scam remember? The world is a little bit scarier now, not only from a terrorists point of view....

Edited by - kayjatta on 11 Jan 2008 09:17:11
Go to Top of Page

mbay

Germany
1007 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  10:41:16  Show Profile Send mbay a Private Message
Bro. i think She is giving you just an adivices. Its true that there is many who could misuses this Nr.so i think this is good voice from bev & serenata.
Yes I wish we all could be man of manner which has no intention of harming some one but sadly not is not the case.

Alhassan:
serenata,
I cannot understand you people sometimes. Why would neonazis molest the teacher by calls ? This is about culture not politics. Are you one of these people who would call and molest him?

Edited by - mbay on 11 Jan 2008 10:51:40
Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  11:56:06  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
mbay + the rest,
I can't still understand what a school in Africa has to do with politics. There are telefonnumbers of schools avaible but is it that a school in the Gambia would be called just to treaten them. Then why are not other schools been ringd up ? Have you had an experience of such with a school in the Gambia? Which school?
I am not difficult but realistic. What reason would people have in mind. Currentlt we have only ophans attending the school. Can you tell me what the real problem is please?
Go to Top of Page

mbay

Germany
1007 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  12:42:41  Show Profile Send mbay a Private Message
Ok sorry.but that was not trying to underscores your point.
Now I just dont know for those who will never mind for what soever this Phone meant will said about it, I hope they will take a good annotation.

Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  13:41:34  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
If I gave someone my private phone number I would not expect them to broadcast it on the net for ANYONE to read and USE.

People have many different motives in life. Just because you put the number on the net with a certain intention doesnt mean that is the way it will be used.

Who said anything abotu political? It could be financially motivated or sexually motivated....or...who knows?

The fact is we DON'T know each other and what is in each others minds.

Email is there for a reason and that is if you want to share private information you should use that. Anything posted on Bantaba is in the public domain and we shouldnt forget that.

Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  14:21:51  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
gambiabev,
This number is for all those intrested in learning the Gambian Jali kulture.I hope you rest in peace now. The number is for the public too. This school is a Jali School. We have our protectors all over. Even in the US for those who have bad intention. We mean business. Even you Bev can call if you wanna learn top play the kora, Xalam or Sabaro.
Go to Top of Page

LEMON TIME

Afghanistan
1295 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2008 :  18:43:16  Show Profile Send LEMON TIME a Private Message
Alhassan would you like someone to display your phone number on the net?

There is no god but Allah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06