Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 DEDICATED TO ALL MY FULANI FRIENDS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2007 :  23:09:19  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
This track " Haal Pularr" by Baba Maal is dedicated to all especially those at Gainako; Demba, Samba and yero.

ON JARAMA NO BETEH. KON WINDI NO FEWI BETEH.

Dalton1

MI ANDA SI AWA WI CHOKI MEEN KO PITI BABA

WALLAHI, WANA MAI BEH TAN YOORR MINI.

There is no place like home. Like Youssou Ndour said: BO DEMEH BEH KHAMATO FO JEM, NYIBIL FINGE LA TETEH, FINGE LA KHAMEH, FINGA YARO, FINGA jangeh lekol.....

The roost always comes home.

MADIBA

United Kingdom
1275 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  11:08:14  Show Profile Send MADIBA a Private Message
Thanks for dedicating that wicked vibe to ur masters. You have made my day anyway.

madiss
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  18:20:35  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by MADIBA

Thanks for dedicating that wicked vibe to ur masters. You have made my day anyway.

Did i hear you say master?

You see you can only give if you have it. Its because i am the master that i could give some to my boys. Do you want me to call Jankey Wally
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  14:06:49  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:

You have made my day anyway.

Madiba,

Take the handshake of reconciliation. At some instance we had it tough in this forum, as a result it barred the two of us from exchanging ideas, which shouldn't have been. Though we don't expect to be on the same side on things always, but there is a need not to be excessive in agreeing and disagreeing. Being harsh on you should have been the least to do then. I should have let time vindicate the matter, but 'better late than never.' Now, you and me can move on, journey all the way to planet pluto or jupiter.

Me too, he made my saturday as far as the music goes.

Kondorong might be a Fula himself, "Deny the fact who can. tis, mighty plain", quoted from the poem of six blind men. He is a good forum worm whose intellect is admirable.

Your boys are talking now. See Gainako's latest on former colonel Ann. Forum members are welcome as well to ask any questions? The echo also have one piece on former VP sabally, now a true preacher of time.

www.gainako.com

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  18:48:03  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalton1

quote:

You have made my day anyway.

Madiba,

Kondorong might be a Fula himself, "Deny the fact who can. tis, mighty plain", quoted from the poem of six blind men. He is a good forum worm whose intellect is admirable.

www.gainako.com

No. I am not a Fulaman. I just happen to live among them and made many friends. Family also married into the tribe.

One thing i like about the song is the phrase: NGARR TO MI N'DAKARU, MI TAWI NENEH YAHI; which means " upon my return from Dakar(to the village), i found mother had passed away".

Its a sad event for one to be away and not known that one's mother passed away and worst still never got to bury her. Instead other people had to do that on one's behalf. many lessons here.

1. Its like what Youssou Ndour said: BODEMEH, BEH KHAMTO FO JEM, NYIBIL FINGE LA TETTEH, FINGE LA KHAMEH, FINGA YARO, FINGA, JANGEH LEKOL... The roost always comes home and that there are times when coming home is the best option because like Youssou ended the song... NDAH TEH NYO NYU KHAMUNGE LEH NO, FII NGEN SOSSO( because those people do not know you because home is where you were raised and cultured).

2. It also concerns acting on time when the opportunity is there. He chose the wrong time that mother will never be seen again a tragedy in an african society that a parent had to be buried not by her children but by neighbors. Unfortunately its happening in our community all the time where news of the death of our parents keep coming. The only thing we could do is buy phone cards and ask others to help bury them.

3. It also has a poltical dimension. Do you act now or keep procastinating about saving your country. Act when needed most and not when you are of no use to society. In this song, the gentleman went home to the parents when he was not needed and hence should not have journeyed in the first place. It only added to the misery and shamefulness.

Like Kwammeh said" ..We must act now for tommorrow might be too late, and the opportunity will have pased with the hope of a United Africa..."

"...Long Live the African Intercontinental Government that must be..." The Osagyefo
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2007 :  23:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Kondorong thanx for posting on Baba Maal with his angelic voice.This tune brings back a lot of sweet memories for me. I remember first hearing it about 14 years ago. It's amazing how time flies.

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega

Edited by - Sister Omega on 04 Jun 2007 23:23:19
Go to Top of Page

lissie22

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  03:38:32  Show Profile Send lissie22 a Private Message
Thanks a bunch for sharing that awesome music. I don't have access to African music very often and listening to Baba Maal reminded me of how much I enjoy him and others. I saw an African (from Ivory Coast I believe) this past November in Minneapolis and it was wonderful, his name was something Bob and he shared the stage with a female. It was great. We are fortunate here in Minnesota to have chances to see some great African music. Thanks for sharing that! It makes me want to get some Baba Maa CD's for a big road trip coming up!!! Any other suggestions? Is this music considered Soukous?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  08:37:07  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
Sorry, it´s definitely not soukous which originates from Congo. Baaba Maal mixes traditional ancient West African music with modern mbalax, pop and rap and has developed his very own distinctive style. ”Mariama” still is my favourite song of his, it sends shivers down my spine each time I listen to it. Also ”African Woman” is also great.
He also is a great stage artist, I saw him performing in my home town for a couple of years ago, the whole group wearing ”typical” fulani caps.
Watch these videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lui4FwSYbTs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QWspqO6_Q2s&mode=related&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9VNuYemmktE&mode=related&search=

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

MADIBA

United Kingdom
1275 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  09:55:37  Show Profile Send MADIBA a Private Message
Dalton1,

Feel free to come back. I have been ill hence my absence frm the bantaba. Now i am bk at my kybd.

I have forgiven and forgotten the past so lets forge ahead.

madiss
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  13:25:12  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:

Dalton1,

Feel free to come back. I have been ill hence my absence frm the bantaba. Now i am bk at my kybd.

I have forgiven and forgotten the past so lets forge ahead.

Me too, forgiven the past fully. but you are so nice to forget, and i am too weak to forget though, but i can fully forgive.

but tell that sickness to leave you alone, will it? glad to see you around. during the time of the prophet, it is narrated via authentic lines of narrations that some of the prophet's deciples used to pray to get sick. getting sick, according some scholars is a sign of forgiveness from God, not necessarily to do with out bantaba engagements.

but yes, as a sign to demonstrate peaceful co-existence, of what we preach here, i thought reconcialition openly will break the barrier we had here for a while. this couldn't have been forced to happen either, it needed time to mature, so that both of us, knows the other well. judging on people without seeing or knowing them always ends people jumping on the wrong heads.

also, lot of good postings went by. this chit-chat is just our token of expression, discourse and engaging one and other of our motherland.

My own little time in forums, i realized a lot of efforts from others to assasinate character, accuse others wrongly or even try to deprive of being comfortable in these forums. that is against my doctrine. for example, Ebou Jallow was getting insulted in all these forums, and people never engaged him maturely or little did they, and he ended associating with jammeh. so was the case for Essa Sey. Binneh Minteh's effort to stay in this forum was also frustrated. and many others. i understand the frustration of those looking for pa nderry's head also in some forums. the same for sankareh. and the many others. similar thing wanted to happen when uncle santa posted those challenging stories that led to our harsh un-called for debate.

this is why i subcribed to JFK's philosophy about nukes, for he believes if one should have it, all should have it. but this bring down of kings' folks is a sign of intollerance and arrogance sometimes. i agree with fully challenging any one on their wrongs to our nation, also constructively engaging them. we are all fighting the same battle. all these forums, including our own banataba started some rough probably. so others need to grow. those that are stagnant won't see that, any one who is frustrated will just go and get his own nukes, so each gets an angle, so when the battle is up, we all end the world in a second.

ours should be greater than the above. by the way, watch out for colonel ann's interview before long. if you have any questions or know anything that he can clarify, please engage us here or via mail.

i thank you for ur time.

dalton.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06