Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Did he do it?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2007 :  14:42:32  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
I do not know Col. Samsudeen Sarr personally but I watched him gave evidence in the Kartong Attack trial when I was a sixth former at Gambia High School, and believe me or not, he won my admiration. When I was a schoolboy, I had always believed that the Army is a place for school drop-outs and academic underachievers. So, the Army has never being my cup of tea, and to see somebody like Sarr with an impeccable intellectual standing was a big surprise to me. Since then, I have always considered him a valuable asset in the Army, and was very much sadden by his subsequent summary dismissal. I just felt it was a loss for the country. I shared this view with a particular [purportedly] relative of his wife who was at the time my classmate and she was very much appreciative of my admiration for her in-law. However,having read in the Freedonnewspaper that he presided over the torture session of an inmate without any judicial sanction whatsoever, all my admiration for sarr is now a subject of review. Torture in all its form and circumstance is unacceptable and must not be condone. Thus, it is absolutely cruel, inhumane and disgusting for the state and/its agents including the Army, to use it as a weapon of suppression against political opponents either percieved or real.

So, does anyone believe that Sarr is a Human rights violator? If I am convinced, I will wash my hands off him and treat him as one of the many vagabonds the Gambia Army has been producing and continued to produce since 1994.

Thanks

See below the article

Mr. Editor,

Please give me space on your widely read Newspaper. Do I hear fugitive Colonel Samsudeen Sarr accusing Sana Bairo Sabally of crime against humanity? Is this not the Sam Sarr who used to run Yahya Jammeh's dirty errands for him in Banjul? Is this not the Sam Sarr, who led the security team to Senegal to extradite the late Yaya Drammeh and other Frafenni attackers? Is this not the Sam Sarr who presided over the trial by media against Yaya Drammeh and others? Is this not the Sam Sarr who supervised the torture of Yaya Drammeh and others? Unfortunately, Yaya Drammeh later died because of the torture he suffered from the hands of Sam's boys. Sam witnessed all the torture sessions at the Mile Two and the NIA. Sam dares deny that he never witnessed the torture sessions. Did the so called Colonel thinks that we are sleeping? Look, let Sam Sarr stop playing with Gambians minds. He's equally guilty as Sana Sabally. He is not better than Sana at all. Here is the pot calling the kettle black. Sam's recent showcase to criminalize Sana Sabally is the height of hypocrisy. Thanks to the GRTS, Sam's image has been captured. The Farafenni arm attack tape is in my possession and I can provide it to the Freedom Newspaper for all to watch it online. This was the day when Sam uses his literary skills to carricature the attackers calling them cowards, bandits and all that sort. Sam cannot deny this. Sarr allowed to be used by Jammeh, only to be dumped after he outlived his usefulness. I thought it necessary to halt his new project of lies without proofs. Though, there is proof at hand to indict Sam for aiding and abetting Jammeh. Sam cannot say that his conduct was inline with the dictates of the laws of the country.

Exposing his dishonest and unprofessional conduct, Sam uses the GRTS as a court platform to try and convict the accused persons. Remember, the matter in question has not even reaches the court at the time. I remember Lawyer Lamin Jobarteh, a former NIA Director cautioning his colleagues, including the media to avoid commenting on the main substance matter of the case, as it might undermine the judicial process. The late Daba Marena and other security chiefs were in attendance including Sam Sarr. Sam careless about his open contempt against the laws of the land, his primary objective was to impress Jammeh. Period.

Colonel Sarr would be the last person to accused Jammeh, because the man had succeeded in using him over the years. All his past noises centered on the November 11 incident and his past experiences at the mile two prisons. He has his own story to tell the Gambian people. Sam was Jammeh's errand boy.

When he failed in his bid to succeed Baboucarr Jatta, he resorted to character assassination against Jatta to the President. His pettiness caused him his job. In the end, he never won the respect of Jammeh. Sam was pushing too hard to be the army commander. He calls Jatta uneducated, daft and coward. The Freedom Newspaper was right when it reported that Sam fought with Baboucarr Jatta, which led to his sacking. Sam never wanted to recognize Jatta as his senior man. He treats the officer with contempt and had always been saying bad things against Jatta. Thanks to Baboucarr Jatta, Sam was reinstated into the army. Yet, the ungrateful Sam Sarr was busy plotting against Jatta. What Sam fails to realize was that he cannot be an army commander under Jammeh's government. Never!! Jammeh never trusts him and cannot trust him.

Sam's package of lies and deception should be countered for the sake of the records. Mathew Jallow of the Echo was not in the Gambia, when Sam Sarr used to terrorize coup suspects and members of the armed forces. We know Sam very well. He is nothing but a fake.

Sam fled the Gambia when there was a pending criminal case against him. His case file is still opened. Sarr is equally guilty of crimes against humanity just like in the case of Sana Sabally. Sam cannot deny that he was not being investigated.

If the late Yaya Drammeh was alive he would have offered a vivid account as to how Sam threatened to employ intimidatory tactics to make them confess. Other convicts at the Mile Two are here to tell their story. How about the Senegalese alleged attacker Mballow? How about Mballow's battered face? Look, let Sam stop the lies and tell the truth.

Baboucarr Jatta is alive and can attest to these facts. Sam left a bad legacy at the GNA. Praise singing Jammeh was his second name. He calls Jammeh's government legitimate at some point and turns around calling it undemocratic. Sam needs to get a life and stop the hypocrisy. With all his so called education, Sam acted so low to allow to be used by Jammeh. Sam needs to work on how to reconcile with Gambians and not embark on deception campaign.

I'm not a supporter of Sana Sabally. My conscience cannot allow me to watch Sam criminalized a person he shares the same characteristics with. Sana was wild just like Sam. They all owe an apology to Gambians. Coups are bad, but Sam cannot use his position to deny accused persons justice. The trial by media he exposed Drammeh and others to was a violation of the constitution. Sam ought to know better.

The Freedom Newspaper's call for Sam and Chongan to file a case against Sana should be supported by facts and evidence. Sam and Chongan cannot just walk into the courts without providing compelling evidence to indict Sana. Sam's past terror activities might undermine the said case. Lets Sam defend himself on these allegations and I will come with more revelations. We were on the ground since 1994. Sam can fake the Gambians in Diaspora and not us who witnessed his past dubious and sinister activities. Arjarma Bandirabeh.

Editors note:The views of the author does not represents the position of the Freedom Newspaper in anyway. This paper cannot be held liable for the content of the writer's claims. His views are his views and does not reflects the position of the Freedom Newspaper. Colonel Sarr is free to respond to the allegations. We hope our position is loud and clear. Thanks for your attention.

All rights reserved. Copying or re-writing our pieces without the expressed permission of this leading paper is prohibited. News Organizations and Research institutions interested in using our pieces are free to contact the editor before culling our stories. Such organizations must also give credit to Freedom before using our materials. We thank you for your attention.

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.

Edited by - Nyarikangbanna on 16 May 2007 16:42:00

bread man

300 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2007 :  19:48:00  Show Profile Send bread man a Private Message
I know Sam personally and let me tall you that he is not a human right violator. He is too intelligent for that. He just happened to have worked for people who then were his seniors and did not have enough top administrative experiance. But his intelligence do not fit what he is said to be by Lama.

It is the mark of intelligence to entertain an idea without accepting it.
Go to Top of Page

bread man

300 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2007 :  19:48:00  Show Profile Send bread man a Private Message
I know Sam personally and let me tall you that he is not a human right violator. He is too intelligent for that. He just happened to have worked for people who then were his seniors and did not have enough top administrative experiance. But his intelligence do not fit what he is said to be by Lama.

It is the mark of intelligence to entertain an idea without accepting it.
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  10:43:20  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
I think Sam Sarr is a criminal much like Sana Sabally is. What he did following November 11 was witnessed by all of us.I certainly did. Being intelligent does not exonerate him; afterall Hitler was intelligent , wasn't he ?
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  10:43:20  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
I think Sam Sarr is a criminal much like Sana Sabally is. What he did following November 11 was witnessed by all of us.I certainly did. Being intelligent does not exonerate him; afterall Hitler was intelligent , wasn't he ?
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  17:46:00  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
In the true manifest of their ability, criminals are mostly inspired by intelligence, doing everything they do. At time of stealing, the thief is said to be more vigilant than the owner. Yes, criminals bank on intelligence to conduct their affairs. Those who rob states also think they are lucky and intelligent to control all.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  17:46:00  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
In the true manifest of their ability, criminals are mostly inspired by intelligence, doing everything they do. At time of stealing, the thief is said to be more vigilant than the owner. Yes, criminals bank on intelligence to conduct their affairs. Those who rob states also think they are lucky and intelligent to control all.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  18:27:06  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kayjatta

........ afterall Hitler was intelligent , wasn't he ?

I am not likeing him to Hitler. I am just confirming that intelligence is not equal to good.

Let me share one thing that Hitler's legacy managed to stand the test of time.

The Olympic flame which is torched at Olympic Games was Hitler's idea when Germany hosted the Olympics in 1936.It first started in Germany. The 1936 Games were held in the twin Bavarian towns of Garmisch and Partenkirchen.

Litle history there.
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  18:27:06  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kayjatta

........ afterall Hitler was intelligent , wasn't he ?

I am not likeing him to Hitler. I am just confirming that intelligence is not equal to good.

Let me share one thing that Hitler's legacy managed to stand the test of time.

The Olympic flame which is torched at Olympic Games was Hitler's idea when Germany hosted the Olympics in 1936.It first started in Germany. The 1936 Games were held in the twin Bavarian towns of Garmisch and Partenkirchen.

Litle history there.
Go to Top of Page

salimina

253 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  22:54:50  Show Profile Send salimina a Private Message
I think all high ranking officers(military) in jammehs administration has a lot to answer on the day of reckoning.Sam sarr will not be an exception.He needs to reserve his words for the big day.He is making himself stupid on something that the average gambians knew.The victims are still around.

Edited by salimina
Go to Top of Page

salimina

253 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  22:54:50  Show Profile Send salimina a Private Message
I think all high ranking officers(military) in jammehs administration has a lot to answer on the day of reckoning.Sam sarr will not be an exception.He needs to reserve his words for the big day.He is making himself stupid on something that the average gambians knew.The victims are still around.

Edited by salimina
Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2007 :  17:44:19  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
So, does these all mean I should believe that Sam has bloood on his hands and hence deserves to be treated as one of those typical vagabonds the Gambia Army has being producing since 1994. There are lots of them loitering the streets of Dakar. I have no sympathy for them.

Thanks for your contributions and keep them coming.

Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2007 :  17:44:19  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
So, does these all mean I should believe that Sam has bloood on his hands and hence deserves to be treated as one of those typical vagabonds the Gambia Army has being producing since 1994. There are lots of them loitering the streets of Dakar. I have no sympathy for them.

Thanks for your contributions and keep them coming.

Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2007 :  17:54:40  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Exactly so Nyarikangbanna. What Sarr is doing now falls in the class of consipiracies best known as PRE-EMPTING. There will be a proper trial some clear day, no rain, no storm. All these writings are useful reserves of information. Keep posting and some others are filing for records. Sarr could have waited for better time. It is incredible that he got his legs easily pulled by whoever prompted him.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2007 :  17:54:40  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Exactly so Nyarikangbanna. What Sarr is doing now falls in the class of consipiracies best known as PRE-EMPTING. There will be a proper trial some clear day, no rain, no storm. All these writings are useful reserves of information. Keep posting and some others are filing for records. Sarr could have waited for better time. It is incredible that he got his legs easily pulled by whoever prompted him.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06