Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Gambia's Opposition Holds Emergency Meeting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  04:29:35  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dbaldeh

Uncle Momodou, actually to set the record straight Gainako was contacted and informed of the Meeting that was already in progress. We responsibly reported that the meeting was taking place and that details of a joint press conference was in the works.

LETS GET TO BOTTOM OF THIS BY PROPER ANALYSIS "TO SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT"! IT IS EVIDENT THAT MEETING WAS IMPROMPTU & SPONTANEOUS AND HAND PRINTS OF MAI FATTY GMC LEADER ALL OVER IT, THEREFORE PRESS RELEASE ISSUED CONSIDERED HIS BABY

1. UNDER PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES (WHILST PDOIS IMAGE IS BEING BATTERED IN DIASPORA DEBACLE & ACROSS GAMBIA ONLINE MEDIA FROM THE "MARIONETTES", "POLITICAL ADVENTURISM", "GOING BACK TO DRAWING BOARD", "FAR RIGHT" PHRASES AND MALICIOUS CARICATURES); CUNNING POLITICIAN/LAWYER & GMC LEADER MAI FATTY STRUCK GOLD, MADE A SMART MOVE OR DECISIVELY SEIZED THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY ON MANDINKA SLUR TO INITIATE & MOBILIZE OTHER OPPOSITION PARTY LEADERS; HAVING EFFECT OF BOOSTING HIS PROFILE & GMC'S CREDIBILITY, AS EXCUSE FOR OPPOSITION PARTIES INACTION, LACKING SENSE OF DIRECTION, LEADERSHIP(AND OTHER THREE OPPOSITION PARTIES AMBUSH PDOIS); EVIDENT FROM FACEBOOK REMARKS, FORWARDED BY DALTON AND COPIED "3HOURS AGO" AFTER MAI FATYY POSTED IT; WHICH READS THAT "Today, GMC shall again take part in leading the efforts to rally the country towards national unity, and in informing the nation of the dangers inherent in the regime's isolationist propensities. GMC practically influenced the final text of the Joint Statement to be issued today in the Gambia by the four coalition of the willing - GMC, UDP, NRP & PPP, and GMC shall issue a Message at a press conference this afternoon in Banjul. "

2. FURTHERMORE TO POINT 1. UNDER ABOVE, AS REPORTED BY GAINAKO THAT GMC LEADER INTIMATED THAT "Those opposition parties who did not make this joint collaborative effort with the four of us were invited on equal footing but chose not to participate. Join me in thanking my Team on the ground for their steadfastness, commitment and sacrifice.""

THE "INVITATION ON EQUAL FOOTING" HERE IS ONLY TO CONGREGATE TOGETHER IN SPIRIT OF SOLIDARITY, PLAY THE CAMERA AND PRESENT GMC MAI FATTY'S PRESS RELEASE; DIFFERENT FROM THE REAL THING OF GRAND COALITION OR UNITED NATIONAL FRONT? A STRUCTURE OR FRAMEWORK SIMILAR TO WHAT WAS ENVISAGED UNDER N.A.D.D, CLEARLY WRITTEN UNDER A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING IN PRINCIPLE AND PRACTICALLY SIGNED FOR BY ALL OPPOSITION PARTY LEADERS; AS WE AWAIT A UDP DECLARATION OR STATEMENT REVERSING "PARTY-LED" STRATEGY AND READY FOR EITHER UNCONDITIONAL OR CONDITIONAL "EQUAL FOOTING"

ALSO HOPEFULLY PDOIS WILL ISSUE A STATEMENT TO CLARIFY LATER

3. THEN DBALDEH OR DEMBA WITH GAINAKO JUST POSTED FROM ABOVE THAT HE WAS " informed of the Meeting that was already in progress"

NB: DO YOU MEAN "ONLY INFORMED WHEN MEETING ALREADY KICKED OFF" HOW NOTIFIED (BY PHONE, EMAIL OR LETTER), DATE & TIME WAS IT SAME DAY & TIME OF MEETING STARTED THAT GAINAKO WAS NOTIFIED

4 EARLIER GAINAKO REPORTED A CONTRADICTORY STATEMENT TO POINT 1. (NOTED ABOVE) WITH THE FOLLOWING THAT "Reports indicate that the leader of the UDP reached out to PDOIS leadership several times but was asked to send a written request and an agenda for the meeting."

"PDOIS through its spokesperson said they are still reviewing the merits of the meeting and will respond in due course."

5. AFTER GAINAKO PUBLISHING STATEMENT AS PDOIS POSITION IN INTERIM UNDER POINT 4.; THEN DBALDEH (AS GAINAKO EDITOR) WHY DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS BIASED & RIDICULOUS STATEMENT "Are you uncomfortable that PDOIS did not have enough time to digest and join such a meeting as usual?"

Edited by - kobo on 25 Oct 2013 11:30:25
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11524 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  09:03:51  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Demba, you guys did a fantactic job. I listened live to the whole press conference including your analysis and discussions afterwards. Keep it up.

What carried me in Yero's initial posting was the "behind closed doors" the results of which I was afraid was going to be prematurely published just for the sake of being the first to break the news.

Your reporting about PDOIS was biased and did not sound inclusive for a unified opposition. I am not a journalist but I think a seasoned one would have called them and get their side of the allegation before publishing the article.

By the way, its haram for uncles to take back their nieces from their husbands after giving their blessing for the marriage.

Yero, Pa N’derry has indeed improved from “Jottaling” to doing proper research before publishing nowadays compared to 2006.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  14:28:19  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Welcome developments Momodou. You and Pa Nderry needs to get on the Radio one of these days. :) I think what is not helping you is the bias you developed about Pa Nderry for a long time which you are not able to overcome? What does Pa Nderry have to do with this thread/news piece? Besides, you keep belaboring on this "divisive" idea which is not applicable here. Your reference to 2006 is equally just another pressing way to try to prove your point in this thread which does not have substance. It is just cooked up... It is not historically right about what you think, at least in my view, I have disagreements. I think some of these things were cooked up big time..and some of it will one appera in history pages.what I call every bigger monkey getting onto the neck of a smaller monkey to hang in comfort and as he/she likes...the survival of the fittest.

Those that worked with us closely will tell you that Gainako is NOT involved in who reports stories first, for we've shared stories across many outlets and for a long time. The story was published on the site for a whole day before I shared the link here at bantaba. I will suggest you maybe differentiate the two. I am sure you know well Pa Nderry and Yero are two different people. He runs his own show and I am not his spokeman and will not be. You should maybe see somewhat the positive side of what he does....just a suggestion Momodou. You are appearing too sensitive...and the closest I see recognizing his efforts when you mentioned that he was in Denmark. Like I said, I don't even remember when last I spoke with him, but I can tell you that he is independent with what he does. Those that work with him will tell you that. I believe he is a good journalist and devotes a lot of time in it....dispite the fact that I don't agree with all that he does. You want people to be reporting stale news....be rest assured that will not happen.

If you take the "jotali" out of journalism, you are purely left with nothing. Think about that Momodou...I know we are used to some of these words as ordinary way to caricature/comfort, but quite fittingly, journalism is all about "jotali." I am equally purely a student of Applied Maths, but I juggle with journalism by default of activism. If that makes me a journalist, I am happy to be one. The same thing taht would make me a journalist, also made you one by operation of Bantaba. The same thing that would make pa Nderry a "jotali" journalist also made you one in Bantaba. So, I honestly fail to see your points in this....and I am not refusing to see it. It is not just adding up....

It looks like you like to take on Pa Nderry at your comfort zone too--Bantaba. When will some of you leave your comfort zones for a minute and appear on a Freedom, Kibaroo or even gainako show? I was just wondering...I know for a fact, he will welcome your criticism.

Just FYI, the story can be reported with or without the other side as long as give disclosure that you contacted them. This story will source. I can understand how this story can get to you by you being a PDOIS supporter, but quite honestly, it is fair and balance in my view. How about for the sake of this discussion, If I share with you that, this story was entirely written by my partner, Demba....and he will tell you that my only participation was helping edit it. I know our source is credible....Momodou, you are wrong and what you are trying to inject in this thread is further from the truth (politically)....and that is just the truth.

The mistake that I see many make, they think they can keep controling the minds/things, but this world is dynamic, and elders/philosophers/politicians/technocrats must adjust quickly to world demands. Those that refuse to accept this fact will always find themselves in funny situations.

Thanks for space still...and my warmest respect as always.

Best always,
Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Edited by - Dalton1 on 25 Oct 2013 14:56:56
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11524 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  15:43:29  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Wow, I really got you in high gear to go off topic by making a N'derry issue out of it. I am sure he or anyone can start a new topic here at Bantaba. I have made my point so good luck to you.

Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  17:05:51  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
As a UDP militant, I can confirm that PDOIS was invited in the same way as all the other opposition parties. In fact, more reaching out was directed towards PDOIS than any of the parties involved.

The UDP was not going to write a letter just because a pugnacious narcissist like Halifa Sallah, who is always full of himself, demands it. It has to be necessary in the existing circumstance. On this occasion and in my view, it was not.

We have to remember that in Halifa's book, it is only a good idea if it is his idea, and that means even an invitation letter with an outlined agenda was not a guarantee to PDOIS's participation in this joint opposition venture.

PDOIS was certainly not going to be given an overt preferential treatment as that was not warranted neither would it be justified.

Thanks

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.

Edited by - Nyarikangbanna on 25 Oct 2013 17:40:57
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  19:17:23  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarikangbanna

As a UDP militant, I can confirm that PDOIS was invited in the same way as all the other opposition parties. In fact, more reaching out was directed towards PDOIS than any of the parties involved.

The UDP was not going to write a letter just because a pugnacious narcissist like Halifa Sallah, who is always full of himself, demands it. It has to be necessary in the existing circumstance. On this occasion and in my view, it was not.

We have to remember that in Halifa's book, it is only a good idea if it is his idea, and that means even an invitation letter with an outlined agenda was not a guarantee to PDOIS's participation in this joint opposition venture.

PDOIS was certainly not going to be given an overt preferential treatment as that was not warranted neither would it be justified.

Thanks

NO ONE CAN DENY PDOIS/HALIFA SALLAH THROUGH ITS ORGAN & MEDIA FOROYAA GAVE FULL SUPPORT & SOLIDARITY TO UDP; AND HAD ADDRESSED JAMMEH'S MANDIKA SLUR ISSUE INCLUDING ARREST OF AMADOU SANNEH AND MAINTAINED A STRONG STANCE IN CAMPAIGNING AGAINST SECTARIAN POLITICS

HOW DID THEY CAME TOGETHER UNDER G6 AND WHY NOT CONSIDER IT AS OPERATING IN LINE WITH COMMON GOAL & SPIRIT OF SOLIDARITY; THROUGH A FORMAL COMMUNICATION? ARE WE NOT AWAITING A CREDIBLE STEERING COMMITTEE TO KICK START AGGRESSIVE CAMPAIGN TO LIBERATE NATION? YOU DON'T RUN A POLITICAL PARTY LIKE AN ELITE CLUB; ESPECIALLY AT THIS CRITICAL TIME! ALL THOSE FOUR PARTIES (UDP/NRP/PPP/GMC) HAVE SPECIAL BOND AND ARE OR WERE ALLIED?THE PUBLIC IS NOT AWARE OF THEIR ALLIANCE CONTRACT AGREEMENT OR MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (IF THERE IS ANY)

LEADERSHIP IS ABOUT RESPONSIBILITY AND NOT IRRESPONSIBILITY OR RECKLESSNESS! REMEMBER SIDIA BAYO & NTCG HIT THE HEADLINES ABOUT A YEAR AGO; WITH VERY SERIOUS RAMIFICATIONS AND STILL REPERCUSSIONS HAUNT OPPOSITION FRONT

RELATED BANTABA GAMBIA POLITICS TOPIC;

Edited by - kobo on 25 Oct 2013 19:50:22
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  20:52:59  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

1st QUOTE POSTED"Let’s hope that no one starts announcing any "behind closed doors" discussions by the opposition parties prematurely just for the sake of being the first to break the news. It is divisive to report about the internal communication among the parties when it is not announced in a press conference. That is in my opinion how Pa N’derry contributed in the fiasco of NADD during the oppositions negotiations on choosing a common presidential candidate."

2nd QUOTE POSTED"What carried me in Yero's initial posting was the "behind closed doors" the results of which I was afraid was going to be prematurely published just for the sake of being the first to break the news.

Your reporting about PDOIS was biased and did not sound inclusive for a unified opposition. I am not a journalist but I think a seasoned one would have called them and get their side of the allegation before publishing the article.
"

@ Dalton 1 (Yero) NOTE:

1. ON OPINION OF MOMODOU FROM ABOVE COMMENTS; 1ST HE SIMPLY CAUTIONED ON MORE "RESPONSIBILITY" OR RESPONSIBLE JOURNALISM, HANDLE CERTAIN INFORMATION WITH RESPONSIBILITY; BEWARE OF DIVISIVE ACTIVISM, SPECULATIVE REPORTING OR JOURNALISM, INCLUDING NOT TO PREEMPT OR ANTICIPATE THE SITUATION, DECISIONS & ACTIONS OF INDIVIDUAL OPPOSITION PARTY AND PARTY LEADERS RESPECTIVELY; BY ALL ONLINE MEDIA

2. LATER FOLLOWED WITH THESE SINCERE COMPLIMENTS AS QUOTED;
  • "Yero, Pa N’derry has indeed improved from “Jottaling” to doing proper research before publishing nowadays compared to 2006"

• "A very historic press conference, thanks to Kibaaro Radio and modern technology I am listening to it live on Tune in.
    Keep the momentum."

• "Demba, you guys did a fantastic job. I listened live to the whole press conference including your analysis and discussions afterwards. Keep it up."

3. ALSO MOMODOU APPRECIATED YOUR COMMENTS ON CERTAIN ISSUES YOU ADDRESSED, THEN POSTED AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT;
  • "There is a saying: "All roads lead to Rome". Thanks for your understanding that we don’t necessary have to agree on the same way of doing things."

• "I have made my point so good luck to you."

4. FINALLY; In my opinion I consider The Gainako report VERY ACCURATE, FACTUAL, "FAIR & BALANCE"!

However later Dbaldeh expressed his own opinion on PDOIS (posted above), which I consider BIASED and him doubling up as Gainako Editor (Demba), those comments (on PDOIS) contradicted THE OBJECTIVE STATEMENTS ON PDOIS position as reported by Gainako

Edited by - kobo on 25 Oct 2013 22:07:37
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  01:11:11  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
UDP, NRP, PPP AND GMC ISSUE A JOINT PRESS STATEMENT

Published on Friday, 25 October 2013 19:23 | Written by Kebba Jeffang

Four opposition political parties namely UDP, NRP, PPP and GMC have on Thursday, 24th October, 2013 convened a pressconference to issue a joint press statement at the NRP headquarters on Kairaba Avenue in the Kanifing Municipality. Chairing the meeting, Mr. Omar Jallow, who represented the People’s Progressive Party (PPP), invited for the observation of a minute silence for the late Mr. Momodou Lamin (Shyngle) Nyassi, the former Youth Mobiliser of the UDP who recently passed away in the US and buried in The Gambia. He said there are some recent developments which have impacted on the country and that as political parties they found it important to come together and look for solutions. He said the President’s Tobaski message to the nation in which he picked out the Mandinka ethnic group and address them separately from the others is isolationist and unacceptable. According to OJ, the Gambia has never been known for tribal differences and that accusing UDP of being a tribal party is baseless simply because the two wives of the leader of UDP, Ousainou Darboe, are both non Mandinkas. For his part, the United Democratic Party (UDP) leader, Lawyer Ousainou Darboe, told the reporters that each of the parties present there could have issued its own independent press statement but that for them to put more emphasis and seriousness on the issues is the reason that motivated them to come together and convened this press conference. “This country has never witnessed such ethnical or religious crisis. We always make sure that we abide by the portion in our National anthem which says “to prove man’s brotherhood,’ but the things that are prevailing now are very divisive,” said Mr. Darboe.

The UDP leader said President Jammeh and the Secretary General and Head of the Civil Service (Momodou Sabally) should be persons who “lead by positive and vibrant examples” but added that it is rather unfortunate that they are coming with such divisive statements. Responding to the accusation that the UDP is ethnically based, Mr. Darboe denied that his party is formed on the basis of tribal ideology and supported by the western powers. “If UDP is for Mandingos, then why are the APRC party youth mobilizer and Majority leader Mandingos?” asked Mr. Darboe. He said he is urging the APRC regime to rethink on issues before putting them in practice and also warned the government that they should stop polarization and dividing the people, but to unite them.

The statement was read on behalf of the four parties by Mr. Hamat Bah, the leader of the National Reconciliation Party (NRP). Foroyaa will publish the full text of the statement in subsequent editions. Before reading the statement, Mr. Bah cited the example in Kenya in the 2008 post election violence when the president and the prime minister eventually agreed to work together for the common interest of Kenya, despite their disagreement and which, he said, led to the invitation of the International Criminal Court (ICC). Mr. Bah urged the APRC regime to consider them as opposition parties that have a high vision for the development of the country and not as their enemies. He said they are now on the offensive and not on the defensive and are fully ready, committed and unshakeable.

Mr. Daniel Mendy, who introduced himself as the President of the Youth League of the Gambia Moral Congress (GMC), called for togetherness, adding that as long as one is a Gambian, whether one is in the country or in the Diaspora, they have to come together with the support of the development partners to usher in a new Gambia.

SOURCE: Foroyaa

Edited by - kobo on 26 Oct 2013 01:15:28
Go to Top of Page

dbaldeh

USA
934 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  02:20:42  Show Profile  Visit dbaldeh's Homepage Send dbaldeh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

Demba, you guys did a fantactic job. I listened live to the whole press conference including your analysis and discussions afterwards. Keep it up.

What carried me in Yero's initial posting was the "behind closed doors" the results of which I was afraid was going to be prematurely published just for the sake of being the first to break the news.

By the way, its haram for uncles to take back their nieces from their husbands after giving their blessing for the marriage.

Yero, Pa N’derry has indeed improved from “Jottaling” to doing proper research before publishing nowadays compared to 2006.

Uncle Momodou, I take my hat off to you.. I was speaking in future tense forgetting that my uncles have already blessed me with the most beautiful and excellent hard working upbringing of a young lady.. For that lapse... I shall endeavor to increase the dowry every time I am happy which is all the time!

Thanks for the compliments and your points are well noted... One thing I wanted to opine on which I think many people fail to acknowledge when it comes to the work of journalists or being in the blogging or publicity business. We entirely rely on readers counting on us bringing new information with some form of originality...

However, in the advent of technology, the world of social media and 24hour news cycle publishers don't have a lot of time to produce well research and verifiable information. Thus one of the reason why you see stop press or news alert reports but gets updated or modified as the day go by... Example, when something happens Television stations reports the initial information but the story get updated as more information is gathered

So in this fast moving information world, it is challenging to be in publicity and be original. This is why for us we try to always report the information and a clause to indicate that we are following up and will bring more information...

I really hope people appreciate this monumental task of publishing credible information... This is why you see more news and analysis now than say 20 or 30 years ago...

So a member of the opposition contacted us about the impending or already progressing opposition meeting and gave us heads up on what was going on.. This is a person we work with very closely and have trust in the information he gave us.. so we went ahead and pencil the report and it was indicated as "reports indicated"

I also think this is a plot Foroyaa or PDOIS is caught up in all the time.. I have great respect for Sam Sarr and his editorial integrity but you must have realized they have stop contacting public officials or judges for clarification. These people will not provide information.. So PDOIS operating in a central committee format where everything needs to be discussed and analyse they are often several weeks behind moving targets. This is a colossal bottleneck they need to address... Someone ought to be trusted to make quick decisions in the interest of the party...

Anyway, as Yero said we appreciate everything and hope that we all focus on the overall agenda instead of singling parties or people out... as there is no difference in accusing others of singling Halifa or PDOIS out and KOBO pointing fingers at Mai Fatty..

Modern leadership requires quick action on the fly... board room decisions are sometimes made on the road...

So I will make a promise to you, whenever you visit the United States and Washington in particular I shall treat you to the highest order...

Good night Uncle Momodou... and Kobo are you still using a type writer??? Lol

Baldeh,
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi
Visit http://www.gainako.com for your daily news and politics
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  05:18:05  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by dbaldeh

Anyway, as Yero said we appreciate everything and hope that we all focus on the overall agenda instead of singling parties or people out... as there is no difference in accusing others of singling Halifa or PDOIS out and KOBO pointing fingers at Mai Fatty..

1. I CONSIDER COMMENT ABOVE TO BE FAIR & BALANCE. Lol!

ALSO I APPRECIATE THE GOOD WORK DONE BY GAINAKO TEAM & INFORMATION THAT CAME FROM YERO SHIFTED FROM RESPECTED HONOURABLE MAI FATTY'S FACE BOOK PAGE AND SHARED WITH BANTABA (IN THIS TOPIC);GAVE US A GOOD INSIGHT TO ANALYSE; ADD UP THE PIECES THAT PROVIDE RELEVANT FACTS ADDRESSING "BURNING ISSUES."

GAINAKO'S & KIBAARO'S COVERAGE WAS COMMENDABLE AND LOT GATHERED FROM BOTH REPORTS & RADIO PROGRAMME! IT WAS A TREMENDOUS JOB MOBILIZING WITHIN A SHORT NOTICE AND DOING AN EXCELLENT. THANK YOU.

Modern leadership requires quick action on the fly... board room decisions are sometimes made on the road...

2. I DISAGREE AS IT DOES NOT APPLY ON "STEWARDSHIP", RUNNING A POLITICAL PARTY AND VYING TO RUN A NATION! PDOIS MUST BE GIVEN TIME TO CLARIFY ITS POSITION; AS STAKEHOLDERS IN THE NATIONAL CAKE! "LEADERSHIP" TAKES DIFFERENT FORMS AND RESPONSIBLE LEADERSHIP; INVOLVING "ACCOUNTABILITY" OR ("RESPONSIBILITY") FOR "MORAL DECISIONS" CAPABLE OF RATIONAL THOUGHT OR ACTION. IN ESSENCE "TRANSPARENCY" AND "ACCOUNTABILITY" PREVAILED

Good night Uncle Momodou... and Kobo are you still using a type writer??? Lol

3. YES BECAUSE I HAVE POOR VISION (USING GLASSES) AND LIKE MY CAPS LOCK! Lol

Thank you!

Edited by - kobo on 26 Oct 2013 08:40:50
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11524 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  08:06:49  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Thank you Demba, your above reply is well noted. Your efforts in informing through Gainako is very much appreciated. Keep it up.

Kobo like repeating and it reminds me of the person who repeats/translates when someone is talking in a gathering back home. They shout at the top of their voice (caps lock in this case).

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  08:42:05  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. MOMODOU. POINT WELL NOTED

2. It is very important to put this incident on record in this topic TO CONSIDER CERTAIN ISSUES AND WEIGH THEM TOGETHER; that last year we may recalled almost similar episode, when GAMBIA GOVERNMENT CONFIRMED EXECUTIONS Halifa Sallah/PDOIS covered the moral ground to save face of opposition front (SPECIFICALLY G6 on common ground & in good spirit of SOLIDARITY) to condemn inmates executions through STATEMENT OF THE GROUP OF SIX ON INMATES EXECUTIONS (dated 29 August 2012 was released), but only to be repudiated by GMC Leader Lawyer Mai Fatty through GMC Dissociates itself from G6 Letter to the Authorities and Jerry Jallow's (a top dog PDOIS militant) reaction on Lawyer Mai Fatty's/GMC stance RE: GMC Dissociates itself from G6 letter to the Authorities

3. Also it is important to reflect on this statement last year as QUOTED "Six Opposition Parties namely the Gambia Moral Congress (GMC), the Gambia Party for Development and Progress (GPDP), the National Alliance for Democracy and Development (NADD), the People Progressive Party (PPP), the People’s Democratic Organisation for Independence and Socialism (PDOIS) and the United Democratic Party (UDP) on Thursday, 8 March 2012 told Journalist at a press conference held at the People’s Centre at Churchill Town that they have been pushed out of the forth coming National Assembly Election by the Independent Electoral Commission." from Burning Issues : "WE ARE PUSHED OUT” SAY 6 OPPOSITION PARTIES = ALL OPPOSITION PARTIES MINUS NRP CONSTITUTED THE EXISTING GROUP G6

4. Related Bantaba Gambia Politics topic A step towards a united opposition ?

Edited by - kobo on 27 Oct 2013 06:50:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06