Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Gambian Cultural Forum
 Cultural Forum: Humour & Satire
 Ramadan's Humor: Yeteh-hono?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2013 :  10:28:47  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Ramadan’s Humor: Yeteh-hono?

By Yero Jallow

Yeteh-hono was fasting. The African sun was too hot and you could see blazing rays drying the leaves. He decided to buy time (make his Ramadan fast go faster) by going to sleep. Nanoseconds turned into seconds, seconds into minutes, and minutes into hours. The mighty yeteh-hono is awake. He rushed to his backyard to observe how far the sun has traveled. It was right over head smiling at him. He reluctantly retreated to the room again and crept under that cold blanket. He was consumed in time consciousness entirely. He was up again sooner than you will imagine gazing the distant sun. To his surprise, the sun was overhead still. He again agreed and went back to the room. He came out couple of times after that to look at the sun's position. The truth is not much as he didn't allow enough time to elapse. Mighty yeteh-hono has gone nuts this time around. He came out with his traditional gun locally called "Kartuse" on his fifth outing and aimed to shoot the sun. In a crazy tone, he said "I am not saying that you will get my fast over with, but I want you to leave my backyard as you are right overhead in position,” and he repeated this loud and even louder.

In another occasion, yeteh-hono was late to get up for his mourning meal (shuhur) as by the time he woke up, the sun was already out. Well, he was out of luck. His mind jumped around for a bit and he came up with an idea that darkness could be created in the room by getting the curtains (blinds) down. He would do just that to create darkness to enable him eat his “shuhur” meal and then he started fasting from there.

I now want to ask you readers: Yeteh-hono? You probably already know the answer and I am just saying it is….(Fill in the dotted line).

*Yeteh-hono is a Fulani word meaning, “whose surname”. Its context is for humor only as traditions holds; there are joking relationships (sanaku) among certain groups, tribes, people, cultures, and even races.

I wish you all a successful Ramadan!

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2013 :  22:46:40  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Ramadan’s Humor Part II: Yeteh-Hono Continued…
Yeteh-hono was breaking his fast again. This time around, he had a loaf of bread well buttered. The special fast breaking meal was wrapped in a newspaper. Oh well, poor wife trusted Yeteh-hono with the fish money for the whole week which was a hundred dalasi note. As it was time to break the fast, and without realization, he had the D100 note along aside the bread. His job was to conquer that bread and he did it well. He didn’t only eat the bread, but ate along the D100 note. Upon finishing the bread and as he began searching for the money in his pocket, he realized the last broken piece of that D100 note in his hand. Out loud, he started crying at the top of his lungs. As rescue efforts started, he refused to say anything, other than using his pointer finger to point to the last piece of that note. (LOL).
I don’t know about you. I know who it is with certainty. As always, fill in the gap for your favorite take.
I wish you all a successful last ten days.
The Ends

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06