Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 George Zimmerman
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  22:23:40  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
As jurors decide his case, this was one heck of a case that racially divided America. I neither believe in a white nor black America. I believe in an America that cares for its citizens and other world citizens.

The 17-year old Travan Martin is gone and gets not to testify. Zimmerman advanced a lot of inconsistencies. Forensic and other evidence suggests that Zimmerman must have killed Travan during their physical encounter. But why did Zimmerman follow Travan even after being told not to by police? I believe that his over excitement of wanna be a cop together with his stereotyping must have influenced him to shoot Travan. A neighborhood watch is supposed to observe and report. His job was not to confront. He committed a crime and should be punished by the law.

Best,
Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  22:33:42  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Who are they? Excuse my ignorance.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  23:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Alh. Momodou, happy Ramadan.

This is case where one George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch killed a teen called Travan Martin.

See links below. http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/12/justice/zimmerman-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Best,
Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  01:18:31  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Thanks! May his soul rest in peace. Ramadan Mubarak.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

kisley

United Kingdom
214 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2013 :  11:23:31  Show Profile Send kisley a Private Message
This case to my knowledge has not been reported in the UK.

Zimmerman has been found not guilty!!!

So a vigilante with a gun is allowed to shoot and murder an innocent unarmed teenager.

Go to Top of Page

sab

United Kingdom
912 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2013 :  12:57:01  Show Profile Send sab a Private Message
'All about race' (Zimmerman trial)

http://www.aljazeera.com/

Kisley,
In Florida, the "Stand your ground" law means people can justify shooting people when they feel threatened, rather than retreating if the option is available.

The world would be a poorer place if it was peopled by children whose parents risked nothing in the cause of social justice, for fear of personal loss. (Joe Slovo - African revolutionary)

Edited by - sab on 14 Jul 2013 12:59:08
Go to Top of Page

rassimian

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2013 :  11:32:23  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message
I have been following this case since it happened through some UK newspapers and on Newsnight. This is not so much 'vigilante' action as a right to MURDER through the 'Stand Your Ground' laws which are legal in 26 states in the US. There are currently far more guns in America than people and some estimates put the number of licensed firearms (not including unregistered guns in the hands of criminals) as three times the population. I ask myself is this a 'civilised nation' and the answer is NO ,this is in fact a criminal nation. The US is a 'hated' nation by many people throughout the world and with good reason. Obama may be a black man in the White House but racism is still endemic in this country. Drones, Guantanamo Bay, the Iraq war , war in Afghanistan and domestic policy all point to the US still trying to be the big bully in world affairs.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2013 :  08:17:38  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1.YOUTUBE THE VERDICT WITH A FORMER CRIMINAL DFENSE ATTORNEY ANALYSIS OF CASE AND GIGGLING END OF ANALYSIS AS MOCKERY OF AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM

George Zimmerman NOT GUILTY Verdict!! [FULL]

Why George Zimmerman Was Found Not Guilty For Killing Trayvon Martin

2. NEW YORK DAILY NEWS AND DAILY MAIL ONLINE "Stevie Wonder declares he is boycotting Florida and the 21 other states with 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman's …"

3. YOUTUBE MALCOM X SPEAKING FROM THE GRAVES SPEECH ON AMERICAN JUSTICE

Malcolm X Speech "Democracy is Hypocrisy"

4. YOUTUBE PROTESTS ACROSS US SHOWS ALL RACES IN SOLIDARITY AND QUEST FOR JUSTICE

Justice for Trayvon Martin: Protests across US as anger mounts over Zimmerman 'not guilty' verdict

Edited by - kobo on 17 Jul 2013 19:55:30
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2013 :  19:49:31  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
STOP RACISM NOW tags

Timmy Thomas - Why Can't we Live Together (1972)

Edited by - kobo on 17 Jul 2013 20:00:57
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2013 :  21:42:51  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Mawdo Kobo et al: Happy Ramadan all good friends. good to see your lines all.

Sab: how have you been? I am happy to see all weighing in on this matter. The verdict left me speechless.

Thanks all & best for Ramadan,
Yero

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2013 :  00:59:02  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
FINALLY ... A Mainstream Journalist Speaks Truth on the Trayvon Martin Travesty! - Martin Bashir's CLEAR THE AIR on MSNBC

Edited by - kobo on 21 Jul 2013 01:07:16
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2013 :  20:54:24  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Dalton 1 & dBaldeh ela! We should keep in mind zimmerman was half white and latino, but he was raised more with his latin side, therefore had more of a hispanic identity. Then its seen that a hispanic/white kill a black, and blames whitey for it; playing the race card blaming WHITES... We could safely say that the case wasn't about race it was on FACTS AND ESPECIALLY IN REFERENCE TO VIDEO ANALYSIS OF FORMER CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY ABOVE ("Why George Zimmerman Was Found Not Guilty For Killing Trayvon Martin"), but then everyone turned it into race and we got this fiasco going on now.

You guys knew better American legal but putting aside the media hype and public opinion, it seems the prosecution and Trevor Martins legal team did not do a good job period. The best legal team should have been hired and them black celebrities like Beyounce, Al Sharpthons and the list goes on to hundreds could have sponsored Trevor Martins family to hire THE BEST LAWYERS. Based on FACTS OF THE CASE, money and smarter lawyers could have killed this case with a GZ GUILTY VERDICT. The original O.J. Simpson case is at play here and same classic soap opera. DON'T YOU THINK SO Dalton1 & dBaldeh

"THE LAW IS AN ASS" SO ITS MONEY, LEGAL COMPETENCY AND SMARTNESS TO GIVE THAT "ASS" A GOOD KICKING

Edited by - kobo on 21 Jul 2013 21:09:00
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2013 :  00:51:21  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Thanks KOBO, a balanced view of a complex American culture and legal system.
Note:
The words LEGAL and JUSTICE are spelt differently,therefore they are not the same.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2013 :  05:48:20  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Good points Kobo & Toubab. I like Obama's take on it.If you missed it, try to listen to it. Thanks & best,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06