Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 A Tribute: Mandela's Ailing Health
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2013 :  23:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
A Tribute: Mandela’s Ailing Health.
By Yero Jallow
Development coming from South Africa about Mandela’s health is not pleasing at all. While many news outlets described his situation as stable, many others including a statement from the South African Government hinted that his health condition is serious this time around. (Reuters, June 8th 2013).
Mandela’s greatness doesn’t wholly stem from the fact that he was a president or an apartheid hero. Agreeably, something stood very clear about a world icon of Mandela’s caliber. It is certainly his wisdom to face the realities of life and live it to the letter. He knows that a leader doesn’t always have to be in the forefront. The best leadership in my view which I share from my understanding of Mandela is leading from the back and within the background, and being that canoe compass at sea when all hope is lost.
After coming this far to understand the whys and whynots, I am forced to believe that some of our notions that brand all leaders as “great” and “gifted” robbed society of its value to the level of impotency. A leader is only as good if his mind is free from the criminal nature of his or her inside monster. Mandela is one heroic resistance of times that understood leadership to the core. He knew when to come in, how long to stay, and when to leave.
Perhaps when the inevitable dawns about the great Madiba, as with all humans, he will not be mourned only as an African hero, a former South African President or even an apartheid veteran, but an iconic symbol of world liberation, a generational model and a father figure who was guided well.
I guess whatever eventuality of his health status; I am just putting my thoughts and prayers for him. Our world is certainly not ready yet as a world without Madiba is just too bleak.
Madiba, may the good spirit for which you lived a true life always be with you. I ask all of you to continually remember our Madiba in your heart.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  22:59:03  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. SPECIALLY DEDICATED TO YOU ALL AND OUR PRAYERS FOR MADIBA! ONE OF MY SENSATIONAL SOUNDS THAT I LOVE AS ANOTHER GREAT TRIBUTE
"Mark Knopfler & Eric Clapton performing 'Sultans of swing' at Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute (1988)."

Dire Straits & Eric Clapton - Sultans Of Swing

2. 1. Related Bantaba topic: NELSON MANDELA'S CAUSE- "IDEAL"

Edited by - kobo on 11 Jun 2013 05:03:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06