Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 How will VAT affect H.E. plans for Gambia ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2013 :  00:14:11  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I have just learned that VAT will be charged on IMPORTS to Gambia,thins INCLUDES TRACTORS and FARM MACHINERY that prior to Jan 1st 2013 could be imported duty free,this will obviously affect the Back to the Land Programme and also increase the price of Tractors assembled in Gambia by the Indian company,not to mention Chinese cultivators, water pumps,generators and many other items that Gambia needs to develop,Oh I forgot are Cement and building materials that are imported subject to VAT ?
I think that, Naffie Barry, the permanent secretary at the Ministry of Trade , Regional Integration and Employment,stated in her recent speech " stressed that VAT is not intended to create unfavourable business atmosphere in the country, adding that government is not here to levy any punishment on the people" may well be petitioned by many to list EXEMPTIONS that would be sensible to carry on developing Gambia in the way H.E. envisioned.
I think that H.E. may well consider granting exemptions from VAT by presidential decree to categories of imports that affect his vision for the future of Gambia.

Another VAT topic here:
http://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12904

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 17 Jan 2013 00:19:22
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06