Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Senegalese mark 10 years since their "Titanic"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11567 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2012 :  18:04:03  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Senegalese mark 10 years since their "Titanic"

DAKAR, Senegal (AP) - Ten years after one of the worst maritime disasters in history, a handful of survivors gathered in Senegal on Wednesday to pay homage to the victims of the Joola, a Senegalese ferry that sank off the coast of Gambia, killing 1,863 people. That's 361 more than were killed when the Titanic went down 100 years earlier, claiming 1,502 lives. The MV Le Joola took off on Sept. 26, ...

Read Full Story

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

Momodou

Denmark
11567 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  08:52:16  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Africa's Titanic: Seeking justice a decade after Joola
By Maud Jullien

26 September 2012

Idrissa Diallo, who lost his three young sons 10 years ago in Senegal's Joola ferry disaster - one of the worst maritime accidents in history - says he will not rest until he finds justice.

The Joola ferry disaster claimed more lives than the sinking of the Titanic in 1912, in which 1,563 people died.

"I am not angry that my sons died, that was God's will. I am angry at the way the aftermath of shipwreck was handled," Mr Diallo says.

Read Full Story

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06