Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 New Magistrate for litter in KMC court jurisdictio
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2012 :  15:40:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
The people have not been sensitised enough to make this habit a thing of the past,therefore they will have to be prosecuted and if found guilty fined.
A clever move in that shops and vendors have been targeted in some of the best areas of KMC,Why,simple, because they have money to pay any fines,if found guilty and BUY litter bins available from KMC,any new source of revenue is welcomed by all administrations, hopefully in this way those Gambians who work in that area can sensitise other Gambians to change their attitude,clever !

An important module in the Attitudinal change programme for Gambia

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/kmc-magistrate-to-preside-over-anti-littering-cases

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 14 Sep 2012 15:43:22

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2013 :  18:11:07  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Well now....has the Litter Court been Active ?,there seems to be some question about that,

http://www.foroyaa.gm/index.php/national-news/12539-jallom-jabang-chides-the-plastic-bag-menace-can-gamplast-be-the-solution-to-plastic-waste

I would have though that "Mr. Muhammed Jallom Jabang, senior programme officer environmental quality, National environmental agency, who doubles as the chairperson of national task force on plastic waste management" would have mentioned the Litter Court.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 25 Feb 2013 18:18:27
Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2013 :  20:23:01  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
It won't be long before everyone ends up with a criminal record. I suppose that does not mean anything in The Gambia.

Thanks

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  20:36:46  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
The word is spreading about litter as far as Bundung the youths have been mobilised but even in their eyes little will happen in the general population about anti littering the environment as this person who is involved observed,

"Yusupha Jaiteh, a youth leader within the constituency, said the school is within their environment and that they deemed it fit to come out and keep it clean. “People do litter around the school and this will be an ongoing exercise that will be held weekly within the constituency,”

The KMC Litter Magistrate should be the person to deal with those who indulge in littering activities and the youths should be willing witnesses at any court hearing that may take place,will such a course of action take place? Probably not.It would be interesting to see if the KMC police will make any move to implement the clean the environment attitude that has started.

http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/sk-central-youths-embark-on-cleansing-exercise

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06