Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Waste Management.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2012 :  18:20:12  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/environment-is-waste-management-deyond-the-capacities-of-local-government-authorities

The content of this piece is accurate,but why is waste management non effective in Gambia?

( I wonder if the Author Abdou Rahman Sallah has a Waste management Company and is seeking to expand )

1) As long as waste isn't on their own property Gambians don't care.

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/volunteers-cleanse-bakau-gutters

Gutters in Bakau being cleaned by students! No health and safety equipment here !

2) It costs money to collect

3)Local Authorities haven't got the money to buy the correct equipment

4) Gambians have a repulsion for anything mechanical they would sooner manpower was used rather than mechanical equipment,which if is making money for someone,so "breakdowns" are common,Gambian "maintenance" of things mechanical is non existent.examples? OK, Nawec generators,Barra Ferries.

5)Salaries for workers are very poor,although in MOST cases the boss has a very good living,this leads to unhappiness amongst any workforce,result "problems"

6)Local authorities operate in an un-joined up way with their various departments,each department is not allowed to operate effectively without having to ask the boss,result nothing gets done on time, maybe the boss has "traveled" or is "unavailable".

7) MOST Gambians do not like taking personal responsibility,and are very reluctant to make decisions without reference to someone further up the chain of command.

8) QUITE often high powered jobs are given to those who have "friends" in high places,and are NO the BEST person for the job.

Don't get me wrong,I love Gambia and its people,MOST of which are happy to let things continue as they have for generations,personally I don't think that "Change"," Development"," Modernisation" is likely to occour any time soon in Gambia.

Janko will probably jump on me and ask for "what exactly do you mean by that ?
I am happy to interact with other posters on my opinions,will any body else post ? I wonder.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 12 Jul 2012 18:33:42

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2012 :  14:07:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I have my answer now ,currently 98 readers have visited this topic,and interaction or posts since 12th July ?
Regular posters try their hardest to get people interested in current happenings in Gambia ,the results on this topic are a snapshot of the concern that Gambians and others have on matters that affect the lives of people who live in Gambia,are regular posters wasting their time ?
Readers must know the answer to my last question.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06