Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Tourism: General
 Laico Hotel ... any publicity is good publicity?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MeMe

United Kingdom
541 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  14:24:33  Show Profile Send MeMe a Private Message
I wonder ....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148569/Honeymoon-hell-Couples-dream-break-5-resort-nightmare-left-just-nights.html

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees - Ernesto Guevara de la Serna

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  14:39:30  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
In this case not, but hey, its Gambia and who cares anyway as long as you part with your money´that is the general thinking,the hotel should be ASHAMED for not living up to expectations of this couple on their honeymoon,will improvements be made, refund given ?, of course not.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  15:42:59  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Too bad for this couple. They should get a refund from Thomas Cook.

This is the first time I have heard about this hotel chain. Was this not the hotel owned by Libya? The pictures look great on their website though.

Yes, the hotel management should be ASHAMED for the filhty room

By the way, I would have paid a suite instead of a standard room for a honeymoon.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

MeMe

United Kingdom
541 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  15:36:08  Show Profile Send MeMe a Private Message
Ah Modo, you old romantic LOL

It is better to die standing than to live on your knees - Ernesto Guevara de la Serna
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  21:32:12  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message

Its too late now but the couple should have stayed a few days in The Gambia. What a culture shock for them.

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2012 :  03:10:25  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Yes but its great when you gain SOME understanding!

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  22:40:10  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
I wonder if someone got paid for the scandal about this hotel.......?

Laico Atlantic Hotel Rated Top in Customer Satisfaction
The first five-star hotel in The Gambia, Laico Atlantic Hotel, has won TripAdvisor’s prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award.

TripAdvisor, the world’s most trusted travel advice establishment, said the Libyan-owned Banjul-based hotel’s award was based on positive feedbacks and reports from tourists who have stayed in the hotel over the year.

Read Full Story

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  22:45:06  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Thats very cynical ,shame on you

Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2012 :  22:55:27  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Who is telling the truth

Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  22:53:49  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Greetings,

Well regardless of the reviews Laico will need to rethink its extortionate prices and its unsanitary conditions. While they are remedying their disrepair. They should also pay their Staff decent wages so they don't hassle Tourist so hard that they leave Gambia two days later.

The Tourist Development Agency should also put in place procedures to regulate hotels ensuring they meet appropriate standards.After all bad publicity for Gambia is not good for the Tourist Sector at all.

Peace
Sister Omega

Edited by - Sister Omega on 11 Jul 2012 22:59:21
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2012 :  00:18:09  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Welcome back Sister O,here again any reasonable person would agree with your comments,again an example of human greed to the detriment of others !

Go to Top of Page

inez

279 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2012 :  15:34:23  Show Profile Send inez a Private Message
Hello

Hmmm, it´s always made clear that one should contact the tour operator if there are any problems, otherwise one cannot demand any money back. Hope the couple is happier on their second honeymoon.

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2012 :  16:19:48  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
We will NEVER know how accurate this story is.
The tourism and Hotel industries are big business and often wheels within wheels systems apply to the whole lot.

quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

Who is telling the truth

Edited by - toubab1020 on 19 Jul 2012 11:42:10
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  11:55:15  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Here are some facts about this hotel from a person I believe is telling the truth.

-----quote----------
Comment on the Award to LIACO ATLANTIC. My comments are as follows.

The award to Liaco Atlantic is a scam. The hotel has the worst record of customer care in The Gambia base on the following :
1. The previous Manger of the hotel slapped a reception staff for talking to a guest whom he quarreler with.
2. The guest of the hotel had to chase the manager for panting a donkey to look like a girraff.
3.The Liaco Atlantic has the worst record of dismissals and has a record number of cases in the courts filed against them . These case are still in the courts not address either due to the slow process of the courts or perhaps they have tampered with the justice system by bribing their way for the cases not to be brought to light. In fact one of the cases in which the culprit wrote a petition to the Presidents office and after due investigation they instructed that the person be reinstated. After almost a year now nothing has been done.
With all these among others, i cannot see how they could be voted the best customer care hotel in The Gambia whiles the standards of the hotel has gone down the drain and going by the records, the honeymoon couple is a clear example.

---------end quote----------

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  13:51:04  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I believe your "truth teller" Momodou.

"Libyan-owned Banjul-based hotel"

(as stated in the link contained in your post of 4th July above)

Edited by - toubab1020 on 19 Jul 2012 13:54:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06