Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Is it right or is it wrong
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2011 :  20:53:13  Show Profile
Tomorrow in the UK sees a strike by 2 million public sector workers
it is said will cost the country five hundred million pounds which the country can ill afford in theses times of austerity and will also dissrupt the lives of tens of millions of the general public

I think the strike is wrong the fact of the matter is the AVERAGE wage of a person in the private sector is £24.000 wilst in the public sector it is £28.000 and the new package on pensions offerd by the gouvenment to the public sector workers people in the private sector workers can only dream of Us as tax payer will pay for

Edited by - snuggels on 29 Nov 2011 20:55:49

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2011 :  21:25:32  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
A coin has two sides. What are their greviances? Just send them some Yorkshire pudding, and that wil do the trick.

On a more serious note, organised labor should be allowed in some form. Its part of a democratic process. Democracy is not a cheap form of government. The cheapest form of government is a dictatorship. Cery little negotiations if any. But it has its problems too. You probbly sound like a conservative supporter.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  13:25:29  Show Profile
As I understand it 2 out of every 5 people working in the UK work in the public sector a ratio to me that seems totaly wrong.
As chancellor Gorge Osbourn states we can not afford the bloated public sector. The unions think the public, the tax payer who pay thier wages and pensions support them I DONT THINK SO

Edited by - snuggels on 01 Dec 2011 01:04:55
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  17:26:56  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
ok i get you. fire all the public sector workers. But i warn you, private sector is profit driven and as such dont expect them to practice virtue. If yu guys do that, i can tell you that you will not be able to enjoy the air outside without paying for it because some private company will buy the air and ration it through oxygen tanks. trust me, it will be like Mars on planet Earth.

Governments are for the common good whilst the private sector is for the individual. We need both but lets be careful not to throw the baby with the bath water

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  18:22:23  Show Profile
No I never said that The boated public sector workers have been on the gravy train for to long . We the tax payer in the private sector who greate the wealth of the country cant afford it

Edited by - snuggels on 30 Nov 2011 19:04:54
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  19:18:15  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
This is the problem. People in the public sector are also paying taxes just like those in the private sector and as such also create wealth of the country too.

Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  21:46:04  Show Profile
Ok so what you are saying its a level playing field I disagree I refer you back to the start of the thread and subsequent posts

Edited by - snuggels on 01 Dec 2011 01:26:39
Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  23:09:22  Show Profile
Just stated on ITV national news
Public Sector average pension over £7000
Private Sector just over £1000

Not quite sure how they work that out But its the average across the board I assume this covers the workers that are not entitled to a full state pension As they have not contributed the statuary 45 years of National Insurance contributions

Edited by - snuggels on 30 Nov 2011 23:28:41
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2011 :  02:21:07  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Why can't they consider reviewing legislation to curb cost of strikes? It can be capped at between a million minimum and 100 million maximum? If cost is assessed by the experts/advisers that its going to be excessive; they can decry and censure union action as illegal, deny them permit and liable to prosecution (through Public Order Acts, Civil Dis-obedience Acts, Dis-orderly Acts, Austerity Measures, Sustainability and Economic Crimes Acts etc)? Vicarious liability for both Union bosses and workers picketing or demonstrating recommended? Just my thoughts

Edited by - kobo on 01 Dec 2011 02:45:50
Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2011 :  03:46:10  Show Profile
At a cost of £500 million to the economy thats a good point but we cant because we a democracy Maybe you are right though cos we are being held to ransom. I think the gouvenment should stick to thier guns Because the money is not there now or will be in the future for pensions. It is Unsustainable
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2011 :  04:59:00  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Government would not sit on laurels after warned of severe strike actions that can hamper the economy; measured from the capped limit? They must cater for the Union and strikers to tender their grievances and demands; for immediate resolutions, negotiate deals and consider reasonable concessions to save the day of action, that always conscript the economy? However government should not allow to be held to ransom and if necessary must make tough decisions to curb leeway in guise of democracy and any abuse of civil liberty?

Lets also assess cost of law enforcement, exposure to vandalism and inflaming to civil war; as stubbornness and disregard to law and order prevails

Edited by - kobo on 01 Dec 2011 11:22:53
Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2011 :  13:40:20  Show Profile
Yep I would go with that
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2011 :  21:38:56  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
500 million is a tax bill coming from Public coffers; so very annoying indeed? They nearly killed British Airways last year on these showdowns by UNISON and Union bosses; when times are hard world wide?

That's why its becoming controversial and nasty in media? Here we have this expensive/offensive joke on this strike;
"Jeremy Clarkson has apologised for suggesting that striking public sector workers should be "shot" in front of their families, saying the comments were intended as a joke."

More MSN

AND BBC NEWS Jeremy Clarkson apologises over strike comments

Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2011 :  23:00:00  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
Its a democracy. People have a right to be heard. As to to whether that is right or wrong depends on which side your bread is buttered. The cheapest option is a dictatorship. No strike no rule. Even Adama Smith has recognised the "invisible hand" of the state as being necessary.

Left to capitalism alone, there will not be any NHS in the UK or British rail. Some parts of UK will be difficult to access because the returns on investmenst are low or almost zero. So what do you ask those citizens to do? Dig holes underground and live like cave men? NO!!!!!!!! capitalism is interetsted in only one thing, maximise profit for the investor. Organised labor is necessary for people to have "LIVING WAGES" NOT MINIMUM WAGES.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06