Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Victims feel TRRC reparation " grossly inadequate"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toubab1020 Posted - 17 Mar 2022 : 17:33:08

==========

https://standard.gm/gambia-news/consultation-starts-for-drafting-of-victims-compensation-bill/

==========

Consultation starts for drafting of Victims Compensation Bill

By Lamin Cham on March 17, 2022

The minister of Justice Dawda Jallow has disclosed that consultations have started with stakeholders on the drafting of the Victims Compensation Fund Bill.

Jallow said once the consultations are exhausted, the bill will be drafted and presented to the sixth legislature.

Last year, Minister Jallow announced that government will inherit the remaining process of reparations from the truth commission.

However, most victims felt the reparation guideline provided by the TRRC was grossly inadequate and called on government to review it.

The government responded by announcing plans to set up the Victim Compensations Fund to take care of reparations.

The government said it has already put aside D155 million in the 2022 budget for that purpose and expected to raise more funds from partners to pay reparations.

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06