Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 Nordic Leisure cancels operations to Gambia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toubab1020 Posted - 23 Aug 2022 : 19:13:35

==========
https://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/headlines/nordic-leisure-cancels-operations-to-gambia-for-upcoming-winter-season
==========

Aug 23, 2022, 10:38 AM | Article By: Yunus S. Saliu

The Nordic Leisure Travel Group, Stockholm, on Tuesday, 16th August 2022 cancelled its charter operation to Destination Gambia for the upcoming winter tourism season 2022, citing ‘current situation’ as the cause of the cancellation.

According to the Nordic Leisure Travel Group, “we all had high expectations for this winter season” but “unfortunately, the recovery for traveling after covid-19 pandemic has not developed as we first expected, one of the main reasons are the effects after the situation in Ukraine since 24th February,” 2022.

They also disclosed that they have seen a big impact on the global economy with mainly higher costs resulting in a difficult situation for traveling from Scandinavia.

Meanwhile, “the above-mentioned uncertainties combined with higher costs and increase of passenger tax in Banjul Airport have resulted in low demand and bookings for the destination and are the main reasons for this decision.”

In spite of the cancellation, the Gambia Tourism Board with its aggressive marketing strategy in place is optimistic about the winter tourism 2022 due in October.

Sampling the reaction of Aboubacarr Camara, the managing director of the Gambia Tourism Board (GTBoard) about the cancellation, he said the Nordic Leisure Travel Group’s cancellation of operation to the destination is due to the difficulties the travel group is having which “about their recovery on Covid-19 as well as the implication of the Russia/Ukraine war. These are the reasons they mentioned.”

About the 40 Euros or the 20 Dollars at the airport, “it is insignificant as far as the reasons for their cancellation are concerned because most of their problems have to do with their operational issues in terms of acquiring aircrafts and so on,” DG Camara explained further.

He, however, expressed optimism about the upcoming winter season, saying during their outreach mission, some of the tour operators and the GTBoard were confident that the outlook was good and “is like the 2019 if not better off but not less.”

Mr. Camara quickly assured that everything would be fine though it might not be one hundred percent but everyone will see lots of improvement.”

Meanwhile, the Nordic Leisure Travel Group concluded that they would soon get back to the destination regarding the winter tourism season 2023 as they are looking to re-start the programme at a later stage.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kiwi Posted - 24 Aug 2022 : 13:35:13
I did a search and found that it is a group that includes many tour operators, such as the well-known Ving, which has been organizing package tours from Sweden to Gambia for a long time.

So I looked at Ving.se, which actually offers trips to The Gambia from November. I found one of my favorite hotels, so expensive I thought, or maybe not considering it's all inclusive.
They fly with Air France and the journey takes 14 hours.

This is how the it looks today, but it may not be correct.
toubab1020 Posted - 24 Aug 2022 : 13:17:13
You may well have discovered the reason for change of name be interesting if a reader of Bantaba in Cyberspace were to do some research into your thought.
I am not familiar at all with the Official language of Sweden

quote:
Originally posted by kiwi

Interesting, toubab 1020.
I have never heard of Nordic Leisure Group.
Change of name, perhaps?

kiwi Posted - 24 Aug 2022 : 12:43:10
Interesting, toubab 1020.
I have never heard of Nordic Leisure Group.
Change of name, perhaps?

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06