Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Tourism: General
 “There was an error and we are correcting it

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toubab1020 Posted - 24 Aug 2020 : 21:23:21
As the devastations caused by Covid-19 continue to bite, some workers in the hotel industry have been questioning the circumstances surrounding the D20m given to Africell on their behalf through the UNDP.

The equivalent of 400,000 dollars was part of UNDP’s livelihood support to 8000 vulnerable Gambians in the tourism sector but some potential beneficiaries of the assistance have been voicing frustrations over what, they say, was the snail’s pace manner in which the disbursement process was being conducted.

“We have long since heard that the UNDP had given the government money to assist us in this turbulent times of Covid-19 but since the news came in, nothing remarkable had happened,” Buba Sanyang, a craft market vendor told The Standard.

“We were told that the money had been disbursed to the government by the UNDP sometime ago but since this information filtered here, we are still waiting with no words from the government,” a tourist taxi driver, who wish to remain anonymous, lamented.

Meanwhile, several potential beneficiaries have appealed to the government to facilitate the expeditious payment of the funds as times get harder.

“Times are getting tougher and the earlier the money reaches the beneficiaries, the better,” another potential beneficiary said.

However, the Minister of Tourism, Hamat Bah on Tuesday told The Standard that UNDP had indeed given D20m for some Gambians in the hotel industry but that the disbursement to the beneficiaries was inadvertently delayed.

======================================================================
https://standard.gm/growing-impatience-among-hotel-industry-workers-over-undp-d20m-help/
======================================================================
“There was an error and we are correcting it. And, during the correction it took a bit of time. Now, I finally spoke to Africell manager last week. I’m waiting for the UNDP. Hopefully by next few days, I will try to get some developments. They should get it as soon as possible,” the tourism minister explained.

“The government of The Gambia is aware of the D20m from the UNDP for 8000 Gambians and we were getting to sign it [with Africell for disbursement]. I spoke to Africell manager last week and he was going to sign it. I’m waiting for them to get back to me so that we disburse the money,” Bah explained.

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06