Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 "..raping a“mentally-challenged” 17-year-old girl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2020 :  13:52:24  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://standard.gm/senegalese-diplomat-charged-with-sex-crime-in-gambia/

===============================================================

By Alagie Manneh April 28, 2020

A diplomat at the Senegalese High Commission in The Gambia was last Monday arrested, detained and charged with defiling a girl. The diplomat, 41, is accused of raping a“mentally-challenged” 17-year-old girl he resides in the same compound with in the Greater Banjul Area.

The accused diplomat was detained at the Kairaba Police Station but sources said he has been released since Thursday in line with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
The girl’s mother explained to The Standard how the diplomat lured and severally raped her daughter for just D20:“Because she is not mentally sound, this man would give her nothing more than D20 for all the encounters. I believe it was three times, but my daughter never consented to his advances.

My daughter said it all started one day when she went to fetch water at the common standpipe in the compound. The man told her to go sleep with him. The man fooled her. The first time was in December and he forced her. At first she was scared to tell me but after I threatened her, she disclosed everything. We later reported the man to police and he was arrested. He forced my only daughter into these things. I want justice to be served. I want the authorities to investigate this matter and hold this man responsible.”
Contacted for confirmation, police spokesman ASP Lamin Njie said investigations into the matter have been completed.

“But before we can prosecute this case, we have to go through and consult all relevant parties. There are protocols that needed to be followed, especially because this involves a diplomat,” he explained.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 28 Apr 2020 13:55:54

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2020 :  13:06:25  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://standard.gm/senegalese-ambassador-speaks-on-rape-allegations-against-staff/

==================================================================
Bassirou Sene April 30, 2020
The Senegalese High Commissioner in The Gambia, Bassirou Sène has told The Standard that his office will not yet take any action on the defilement allegations against a member of staff of the embassy until the outcome of police investigations is obtained.
On Tuesday this paper reported the case of a 41-year-old diplomat, who was arrested and detained following allegations that he raped a “mentally unbalanced” girl, 17.

There have been deafening calls on social media and elsewhere for the diplomat to be brought to book, but the Senegalese High Commissioner said the presumption of innocence until proven guilty must be accorded to him.

“At the embassy, we did not take any action against him because he denied the allegations and said he never touched the girl. He is still working [at the embassy] as usual,” High Commissioner Sène told The Standard.

He added that the embassy’s next course of action will be determined by the police report.
He added: “The diplomat has made it clear that he is going to sue the mother of the girl for defamation.”

Mr Sène, who was made High Commissioner to The Gambia in November last year, used the occasion to express his desire for deepening ties with the Gambian media.
“As ambassador of Senegal to The Gambia, I am determined to have a very good working relationship with the Gambian media. My doors are always open.”

The Standard contacted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman, Saikou Ceesay as to whether the foreign ministry will make a formal request to Senegal for the accused diplomat’s immunity be waived to pave a way for his trial in The Gambia, he replied:“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not yet received the police report into the matter and when it does receive the report, it will take an action in tandem with the Vienna Convention.”
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2020 :  08:10:44  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/senegalese-diplomat-denies-rape-allegation

==============================================================================================================

Thursday, April 30, 2020

A Senegalese diplomat in The Gambia accused of raping a 17-year-old “mentally challenged” girl within the Greater Banjul Area has vehemently denied the accusation, describing it as “totally false, misleading and a plot” to extract money from him and tarnish his image and character as a diplomat.

The accused diplomat said a person with the right frame of mind would not even believe that a diplomat will pay a “mentally challenged” girl D20 to have sex with her.

“If they have an agenda they can never implicate or bring shame to me by falsely accusing me”, he said while assuring his family, friends and co-workers that the accusation is false.

“I will never accept being accused of something I did not do,” he also said.

He confirmed that he gave the girl money because she begged him to buy food but never raped her.

According to him, his colleague diplomats and he in The Gambia are focused on their work and maintaining the good image of the embassy and nothing else.

He urged the public not jump to conclusion, saying the truth will come to light.

“I assure everyone that I did not rape the girl in question because I am a responsible, God fearing person,” he assured.

He, however, threatened to take legal action against the family for defaming his character. Meanwhile, the accused diplomat was arrested and detained at the Kairaba Police Station and later released in line with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.

When contacted, police spokesman ASP Lamin Njie said the diplomat has not been charged.

He, however, said they have completed their investigations and referred the matter to diplomatic channel.

It should be noted that diplomats have immunity in relations to Vienna Convention and cannot be arrested or prosecuted.
Author: Cherno Omar Bobb

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06