Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 EDUCATION is the Key .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2019 :  13:19:09  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The contents of this article reporting the interview with The Daily News with Commissioner Salimata Touray but showing a picture of Justice Cherno Sulayman JALLOW,WHY NO PICTURE OF Commissioner Salimata Touray ?
IN MY OPINION this highlights the URGENT need for EDUCATION of the WHOLE Population as I suspect that they have NO IDEA about this politico speak, IF I am right the outcome is not surprising.

Comments DEAR Reader ? (Sorry, POSTINGS !!)

======================================================================
By Ousainou J. Sawaneh
&
Madi M.K. Ceesay -
January 20, 2019

Commissioner Salimata Touray said despite the poor turnout in the West Coast and Kanifing Municipality consultative meetings ,the commission has been receiving positive responses and contributions from the public.

“Last week we had poor turnout but the contributions were very good, so far we have positive responses, and we are looking forward to getting the final report to see what goes in it” she stated.
She made the statement in an interview with the Daily News at Fajikunda as the commission continues the public consultation ahead of drafting a new constitution.

She graded as very good how the consultation went on the provinces, the turnout is very good and the quality of participation also has been very good.

When asked about the lack of interest within the municipality; Commissioner Touray said it is in fact sad that people are not coming out to participate in the process. “But it is as well sad that we don’t have the full participation we had in upcountry and hoped that this situation will be remedied before the rest of the consultation.

Commissioner Touray reiterated that she can’t blame the people for not coming out because they have lot of activities in other to take care of their families adding they are urging the people to come out and participate in the process. She told said the process concerns them and it’s about our livelihoods.

Madam Touray call on the Marginalized people to also come on board and raise their voices and views on how they want the government to empower them and to be governed. “Every Gambian has to be involved in the process because is our life and really we need to take part”.

In her final words Commissioner she said after the consultation the commission will go back and start to draft their first report” once we have that, we will continue with our work because there are so many things to be done” adding after the first draft they go back to people whether they accept it or not. She concluded.

http://dailynewsgm.com/despite-poor-turnout-responses-are-good-commissioner-touray/

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 21 Jan 2019 17:52:01

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2019 :  18:11:57  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Reader when I last checked The Point earlier today the online content had not been added,it is interesting to note that Muhammed Sumareh,resident of Latrikunda Sabiji thinks along the same lines as myself,it is now my pleasure to post the article of Fatou B Cham which I now find reported in The Point Newspaper concerning "ideas" for Constitutional Review Commission to consider.

=====================================================================================================

Monday, January 21, 2019

Muhammed Sumareh, resident of Latrikunda Sabiji has said that the educational sector should be revived, adding that The Gambia’s educational sector focuses more on theory rather than the practical aspect.

Sumareh made this remark at the last leg of the consultation mission championed by the Constitutional Review Commission. The commission was established under Section 6 of the CRC Act, 2017 with the mandate of drafting a new constitution for the Republic of The Gambia.

He equally argued that the Public Service Commission should be established especially the Agricultural Commission because it is the backbone of the country.

“The Agricultural Commission should work hand-in-hand with the Ministry of Agriculture as well as monitor the ministry for the betterment of the sector,” he emphasised.

Alkalo Landing Jatta, Latrikunda Sabiji, opined that if a child’s parents are not born in The Gambia, then he should not be qualified for citizenship even if he is born in the country.

He further stated that when a person kills intentionally, he should also be killed as well. He further suggested that when that killing is unintentional, the offender and the deceased family should negotiate and see how they will come to an agreement.

Salim Bass, a resident of Latrikunda Sabiji urged that the new constitution prioritise the needs of persons with disability in terms of education as that of the rest of the populace.

He stressed that persons with disability do not have the chance to take part in most activities in the country.

Person with disability can also become top government officials, he said, pointing out that this can only be possible when they are given equal education and opportunities to be able to take part in national development.

He suggested that the sign language should be regarded as a relevant language in The Gambia and so it be captured in the new constitution.

Author: Fatou B Cham

SOURCE:

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/revival-of-education-should-be-captured-in-the-new-constitution

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06