Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 Education
 Ghana to change English as medium of instruction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janko

Gambia
1267 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  11:07:19  Show Profile  Visit Janko's Homepage Send Janko a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ghana to change English as medium of instruction

The call to change the use of English language as a medium of instruction in school at all levels has been raging for years but there has always been a lack of political will to walk the talk.

The minister’s stance drew thunderous cheers from the gathering which included students and lecturers and members from the general public.

Countries such as Korea which used to be at par with Ghana are now way ahead in terms of development because they taught their school children using their native language, she recounted.

“Because the Koreans were taught in a language they understood, education picked up; because we are teaching our children a language they can’t event follow, we are drawing them back.

“The real change for me is not about reviewing the curriculum, it is not about extension of construction it is about relevant,” the education minister intimated...

Tanzania to ditch English as medium of instruction in public schools
In an audacious move that is to revolutionise Tanzania's primary and secondary education, the country's Ministry of Education and Vocational Training has decided to ditch English as the medium of instruction in its schools...

Clean your house before pointing a finger ... Never be moved by delirious Well-wishers in their ecstasy

Edited by - Janko on 24 Oct 2015 11:13:37

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  17:04:26  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not? whatever turns you on in your country do what you like. Nothing to do with the rest of the world

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 24 Oct 2015 22:25:24
Go to Top of Page

Janko

Gambia
1267 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  00:10:02  Show Profile  Visit Janko's Homepage Send Janko a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

Why not? whatever turns you on in your country do what you like. Nothing to do with the rest of the world

I do not understand - what did you say?

Clean your house before pointing a finger ... Never be moved by delirious Well-wishers in their ecstasy
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  23:32:56  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Janko perhaps this wording will make things a little clearer:

If the people of countries outside England want their children to be taught in their native language then let it be so,other countries have no rights to dictate such things.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

I do not understand - what did you say?

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06