Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 Gambia Bird Airlines
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dr Thomas

Gambia
95 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  18:47:58  Show Profile Send Dr Thomas a Private Message
Gambia Bird Airlines is a new airline that will come into service hopefull late summer
Initially they will fly to Dakar, Conakry, Freetown and lagos
Europe starting November 2013
just a little more detail
The new airline was currently registered in The Gambia and to start in the summer with its own AOC, so Bahlke . The new airline is 90 percent owned by the Germania "sister company" Flynext . The remaining ten percent is owned by a local tourism company.

In the region there is a strong demand for reliable air links to appropriate prices, says Balke the concept. The new airline will benefit from the fact that there is as yet no regular service between Gambia and several booming ECOWAS economic centers are, although the air traffic was deregulated in the community.

But are also scheduled flights to Europe. It does not lie, but the focus on tourist traffic from Germany, says Balke . It would generally independent of the "dilemmas" in the home market of Germany and will therefore build on the connections of Europe Gambia Bird primarily on business and ethnic traffic between Gambia and the United Kingdom and Spain.

For the connections between the Gambia and Europe from November 2013 to the Germania intends first of two brand-new Airbus A321 and take over Flynext lease to Africa. The A321-machines are reported to be equipped with additional fuel tanks to ensure adequate luggage space and the need to reach. Two earlier A319s, orders were modified accordingly.

For now, however, should start first two Airbus A319 of Flynext on wet lease for the new airline will be sent to Banjul. The maintenance of the Gambia Bird Machine will be held at Germania technology, which in Banjul line maintenance station is built. Management and staff come first from Germany.

Germania is currently strongly on establishing new businesses. In addition to a strengthening of the single sales will be the airline also by long-term work contracts for companies such as Ford, Airbus and emancipate themselves from price pressure in the charter market.

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2012 :  19:21:06  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Thanks Dr.Thomas your irregular visits here are much appreciated when they occour they are always accurate and often first with the news in aviation matters.
It maybe then that we are able to expect some real competition in flights from the UK during the summer,which at present is "off" or "closed" season for the tourist industry in Gambia.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

irishadrian

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  17:38:49  Show Profile Send irishadrian a Private Message
This is a puzzling one The Flynext company which appears to be involved in negotiations is defunct Look at www.flynext.com and you will see that Germania took them over I hope this comes to something but seems a bit like Intercontinental from a few years ago grandiose plans that came to nothing just a few months of local flights then nothing.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  18:01:47  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
irishadrian,you know alot more than I in aviation matters and your updates on development would interest me a great deal,more competition means better fare prices for travelers.Thanks.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Dr Thomas

Gambia
95 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  22:39:13  Show Profile Send Dr Thomas a Private Message
Flynext is the holding company. Germania is a wholly owned operating company of Flynext.de
Tom
Go to Top of Page

irishadrian

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  16:18:02  Show Profile Send irishadrian a Private Message
I dont agree with that If you read the company information on the Germania website it clearly states that Flynext was renamed How is it a holding company? Im also cautious since they did announce the commencement of flights this summer now that has become next autumn 16 months delay with no explanation!
Go to Top of Page

Dr Thomas

Gambia
95 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  22:40:26  Show Profile Send Dr Thomas a Private Message
Hi Adrian
Check out http://www.airliners.de/management/strategie/germania-expandiert-nach-afrika/27051 you will have to put on your translator.
This will explain all. Also check out a list of German Airlines and check out the owners and shareholders
Tom
Go to Top of Page

irishadrian

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2012 :  19:56:09  Show Profile Send irishadrian a Private Message
Hi Sorry for delay in replying Ive been in Ireland Ive read your link the translation actually says Flynext is an Australian company!! I still think I will reserve judgement until planes actually start flying I can find no explanation or reason on the net for the long delay on the original plans
Go to Top of Page

Dr Thomas

Gambia
95 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  11:58:15  Show Profile Send Dr Thomas a Private Message
Hi,
Flynext Luftverkhrs GmbH is a German registered company and has its offices at Bernauerstrsse at Berlin Tegal Airport. Germainia is the operating company. Lots of legal holdups getting operating licences from African Governments
Tom
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2012 :  12:24:41  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
"Lots of legal holdups getting operating licences from African Governments"

A very clear statement,its a pity that clarity does not appear to be of the highest priority of Gambia Bird Airlines,like most things African confusion is often a key element in almost everything.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 27 Aug 2012 12:27:20
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  15:09:36  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
So,apparently the bird really can fly ,look forward to more competition in fares UK to Gambia,it's a cut throat business,but there is room for more,this airline has a chance,BUT it will take real business brains to make it work,planes must be SAFE, no balls of string to hold broken thing on or goats in the aisles on trips.

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/gateway-to-west-africa-opens-as-gambia-bird-flies-in

Edited by - toubab1020 on 18 Sep 2012 15:11:16
Go to Top of Page

Dr Thomas

Gambia
95 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  18:01:46  Show Profile Send Dr Thomas a Private Message
No safety problems with this bird, superb condition, maintenence is being done by German engineers. prices announced soon. Might be a while before it flies to Gatwick.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  19:38:44  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Thanks Dr Tom,probably a wise decision not to come to Gatwick soon,Germany and the euro need more help at the moment,the GBP is a little OK,but the folks in UK haven't got a load of money anyway,high unemployment and food prices,Energy prices,don't even go there !!

Go to Top of Page

irishadrian

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  10:12:38  Show Profile Send irishadrian a Private Message
Hi Im pleased and a bit surprised to see this flight arrive since its a lot early than their very recent estimate Was this just a promo flight? Is the aircraft staying in Gambia to commence local flights or has it gone? Not sure the Observer claim that Gambia now has its own airline is accurate I believe this is a German registered aircraft so at best it has some decals relating to Gambia .
Go to Top of Page

irishadrian

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  10:15:57  Show Profile Send irishadrian a Private Message
Oooops Just read the more detailed report from the point which answers my question about the flight commencements.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  23:26:06  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
OBSERVER NEWS WITH MORE UPDATES;

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06