Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Sports Forum
 Sports: Gambian Football
 A SONG FOR THE SCORPIONS? TIME TO KEEP THE SPIRITS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Momodou Posted - 26 Mar 2021 : 16:49:03
A SONG FOR THE SCORPIONS? TIME TO KEEP THE SPIRITS HIGH
By Dembo Fatty

The Gambia Football team never had a name. It was during the colonial period called British Gambia just like the colony and their first international match was in 1953 against Sierra Leone which they lost.

Later they became simply Gambia Eleven. In 1985, some sport enthusiasts decided that a name was necessary which will unite the nation. In fact some countries used to call the team the Groundnut boys.

At the end of the competition, the name BLACK SCORPIONS emerged the most popular but Jawara intervened because Black Scorpions apparently was the name of some armed group in Nigeria at the time and diplomatically, it was inappropriate for us to name our national team after a dissident group.

We celebrated history yesterday because it was our first time to qualify. We are very patient people. From 1953 to 2021, a period of 68 years is a long journey but we trudged through the doldrums of disappointments and climbed the crests of sadness but we were as focused as a bullet in flight despite. Hope is a force multiplier.

Checking the timelines this morning, i read a suggestion by Oley KerrFatou that perhaps we need a song for The Scorpions and challenged our artist to come up with something.

I support the idea and we must begin to engage our artist either individually or collectively, to come up with a song around which a grateful and very happy nation can unite to motivate the team. Like the Wolof say: KOO MOONTA HEUGG, MOONA BOSH KOO DAANU.

Lets all chip in some change including businesses as well. I would love to see billboards sponsored with our team or even commercials that team members showcase healthy products. The team has be visible.

Go the Scirpions, go!!!!!!

Source: FB page of Dembo Fatty
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
toubab1020 Posted - 26 Mar 2021 : 20:51:15

Super idea Momodou, I hope that Gambia's active press,who undoubtedly must read Bantaba in cyberspace would think obtaining the services of a songwriter and singer " a grateful and very happy nation can unite to motivate the team. Like the Wolof say: KOO MOONTA HEUGG, MOONA BOSH KOO DAANU..." My Wolof is very rusty but MAYBE I think that I shoud say WOW !

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06