Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Environment and sustainable development
 Salifu Janko to run for Mayor of Kafuta ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toubab1020 Posted - 25 May 2019 : 14:55:01
Seriously though if such selfless thoughts and actions were practiced by ALL of the Gambian Population ,Gambia would be an ideal place to live !

=====================================================================
Friday, May 24, 2019

The fear of crocodiles and daily river crossing during high tides can sometimes be a nightmare for many farmers especially women in accessing their farms on time in Kafuta. Seemly, these challenges confronted by many farmers in the community will soon be a thing of the past with the swift intervention of a chainsaw operator, who embarked on a construction of a wooden bridge in Kafuta. Undertaking this philanthropic work, he is now being applauded by villagers and the public both at home and abroad.

Salifu began this ambitious project some weeks ago and he single-handedly financed every bit of expenses all in giving back to his community.

Cognizant of the hardship faced by many farmers in the area, he went on, compelled him to embark on this ambitious project, something he believes would impact positively in the lives of many farmers in the area.

Janko explained that before he embarked on the project, he first approached the village elders who gave him the green light.

“The concept just came to me one day after realising that farmers here always encountered many challenges in crossing the river especially during high tides both dry and rainy season. So I said to myself let me do something about it and that is how it all started. I did not expect anything in return because I have this feeling that I’m just giving back to my community. I believe that everyone has a stake in national development. Whoever complements my effort is doing it for his or her village. My desire is to continue further down because many people decried the presence of crocodiles in the area. It is 80 metres long and 2.10 metres wide” he told The Point.

Also speaking to The Point at the bridge construction site, Ba Janko-Kassama, the Imam of Kafuta commended the initiator (Janko) for his philanthropy and foresight. The construction of the bridge, he added, would impact positively the lives of villagers especially farmers that cross the river daily.

“His efforts are well appreciated by all in Kafuta. Farmers both men and women encountered problems and most of the farming implements don’t last long due to the salty nature of the water. This is something that the whole village once embarked upon 30 years ago. But the bad state of that bridge coupled with its ageing condition people now abandoned that bridge. So for him constructing a new bridge is well appreciated by all. So I want to call on all to support him in his humanitarian venture”, he stated.

He called on philanthropists to support Janko in fulfilling his dreams, reminding that one can start a development project, which in turns benefits a whole community.

Essa Bojang, a brother to the alkalo, shared similar sentiments. He said before Janko embarked on the project, he first approached villagers, who gave him their blessing owing to the hardship many farmers and users of the river endure daily.

Like the previous speaker, Bojang acknowledged that they lost most of their working gadgets like bicycles due to the salty water and that with the construction of the bridge their farming implements would now last long.

He hailed Janko for his hardwork and foresight. He prayed that God continues to shower his blessing and grant him good health and long life.

Lamin Bojang, a native of Kafuta also expressed similar sentiments.
Author: Sheriff Janko
http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/serving-humanity-man-constructs-80-metre-wooden-bridge-in-kafuta
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
toubab1020 Posted - 26 May 2019 : 17:26:36
Opened a dusty draw in my brain, look what was in the draw ,fits in nicely with this man's actions.

Yes, a a few years ago now,any progress in this regard in the Gambia of 2019 ? I leave it up to YOU Dear Reader to think and POST.

https://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=4811

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06