Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Gambian Cultural Forum
 Cultural guide: General
 SOCIAL MEDIA. ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toubab1020 Posted - 22 Mar 2019 : 21:39:35
Social Media is now ingrained in EVERYTHING some presidents even rule their country by it the question is is this a political view ar a view held personally by a NAM Member ?

_________________________________________________________________-------------

By Amadou Jadama 22/03/2019

The newly nominated member of the National Assembly Foday Gassama has urged government to act now to regulate social media in the country.
Speaking to The Standard, Gassama said the current abuse of social media is having a great negative impact on society.

“Social media played an important role in the change of government but today it is being abused. I think the government should act now to look into the issue like what China did to censor information disseminated via social media through technology,” he stated.
He went on: “I want to make it abundantly clear to the Gambian diaspora not to underestimate the importance of The Gambia as one big family.”

Gassama added that Gambians must not pray for President Barrow to fail because doing so could mean wishing the country bad since his ambition is to see that the country succeeds.
“People are saying that Barrow betrayed us but he has not betrayed anyone. Unless he establishes his party, that is the time people should say that he betrayed us but I am sure it is Gambians who are going to betray Barrow not the other way round,” Gssama said.
He added: “We must not always blame him; this is a coalition government and therefore, every Coalition leader should take part when it comes to the development of the country but how many of them are supporting President Barrow? Only a few and some of them have distanced themselves from him and that is the reality on the ground.”

https://standard.gm/?p=54225
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Momodou Posted - 23 Mar 2019 : 14:45:15
Here is one reply by Awa Sey

FODAY GASSAMA, ARE YOU CRAZY??

There! Regulate my heading… I bet after reading your interview with The Standard, Barrow said “oops – I made another blunder”. Foday Woo Gassama, before you silence me for good (BTW, even Yaya couldn’t silence us), let me quickly answer you:

SOCIAL MEDIA AND ITS NEGATIVE IMPACT ON SOCIETY:
Well, before social media became Barrow’s enemy, he had on many occasions said “I thank Gambians on social media for asking your families to vote for me. I saw what you did to Yahya Jammeh and I will not repeat those mistakes.” Using Barrow’s own words, when did it get so dark you can’t recognize what your boss said many times???

CHINA’S DICTATORIAL POLICIES ARE YOUR SOURCE OF PRIDE & ENVY:
I will answer this one for you very simply: You are part of a government that is dependent on foreign aid and you might as well kiss it goodbye because our human rights friends will be all over it. You know we still communicate with them, right??

DIASPORA NOT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE IMPORTANCE OF ONE BIG FAMILY:
We know that better than you and that’s why we say #NeverAgain to “support” a president who is not doing anything to support the cries of the populace. Again, Barrow must have said “oh no!!! He doesn’t know those people – they will eat him alive today!”.

ON GAMBIANS ABUSING SOCIAL MEDIA:
Of course! As long as they continue to unravel the truths and be critical of the government they helped user into existence, you will call it abusive. Am proud of the fact that Gambians on social media are fighting tooth and nail to preserve what they fought for: A Gambia for all, not just a selected few!

PRAYING FOR BARROW NOT TO FAIL
We are praying for GAMBIA not to fail. Playing out of Jammeh’s playbook, Barrow also wants to be President and the country?? Dekabii Makko Moom?? Hell No!

PEOPLE ARE SAYING BARROW BETRAYED US, THIS IS STILL A COALITION GOVERNMENT:
What??? Foday???? What??? Barrow fired all the coalition partners, closed the doors and surrounded himself with friends of Yahya Jammeh and you are saying Coalition partners betrayed him?? How can they help him when he’s chased them away? Foday, dukareh mollu dahandi bang!!!!

Crazy Foday, I will leave you with this: Even Yahya Jammeh was not able to silence Gambians much more you, a guy who is as disconnected from reality like a NAWEC disconnection notice. It is rather unfortunate that you reared your ugly head in a manner that will leave all Gambian saying “did he say that??”

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06