Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 Visiting Gambia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lily

United Kingdom
422 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2016 :  22:44:11  Show Profile Send Lily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, friends, who's been recently? How was it? I was there in April but won't be back again until December. I miss the place and my friends. What news?


(Is this the right forum?!)

rassimian

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  11:47:41  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was there last December and am returning in January. Since you've been in April why don't you tell us what you think has been happening. One thing I know for sure is that many people are scared to talk openly any more, particularly if its 'politics' or any criticism of Jammeh and the Government.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020



9474 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  12:58:23  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have returned from Gambia last month,I was impressed by the signs of development that I saw on this visit,visible signs,a big change.As my "signature" shows,I am NOT a political animal,hence I do not wish to elaborate further,I hope readers will understand that.Again Lily thank you for your recent observations on Bantaba In Cyberspace forum.



quote:
Originally posted by Lily

Well, friends, who's been recently? How was it? I was there in April but won't be back again until December. I miss the place and my friends. What news?


(Is this the right forum?!)


"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
606 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2016 :  23:36:29  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

I have returned from Gambia last month,I was impressed by the signs of development that I saw on this visit,visible signs,a big change.As my "signature" shows,I am NOT a political animal,hence I do not wish to elaborate further,I hope readers will understand that.Again Lily thank you for your recent observations on Bantaba In Cyberspace forum.


You are telling that you are impressed by the signs of development but you do not want to tell what developments. You are not "political". Hm?

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

rassimian

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  13:24:47  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any development toubab is with foreign money.
Go to Top of Page

tintinto

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2016 :  22:36:31  Show Profile  Visit tintinto's Homepage Send tintinto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in Gambia in April, and people I have known for 25years seemed more desperate for money than ever before! Asking for one or even two bags of rice, instead of in the past greeting you and patiently waiting for hopefully some dalasi to be given out.

terry wilcox
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020



9474 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2016 :  12:17:25  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agreed,But ANY development is good,The thinking of Gambians in relation to the world as it exists today has to be shown to work,some advances have been accepted and welcomed,the mobile phone network for example which is excellent is one of those advances,the drawback is that such development has to be paid for by money and is not free,the lack of employment opportunities must be addressed swiftly,I suspect that the latter will take a long time.

RELATED:

www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14788



quote:
Originally posted by rassimian

Any development toubab is with foreign money.


"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020



9474 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2016 :  12:30:05  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK fair point my signature is : "Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible, which I hope answers your question,an incorrect choice of words by me,but I am no lawyer or newspaper if the administration of Gambia wanted everyone to know about its projects it would let people know by publishing them

quote:
Originally posted by kiwi

quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

I have returned from Gambia last month,I was impressed by the signs of development that I saw on this visit,visible signs,a big change.As my "signature" shows,I am NOT a political animal,hence I do not wish to elaborate further,I hope readers will understand that.Again Lily thank you for your recent observations on Bantaba In Cyberspace forum.


You are telling that you are impressed by the signs of development but you do not want to tell what developments. You are not "political". Hm?



"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020



9474 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2016 :  15:09:56  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

BUT,I have just had the opportunity to read the Point newspaper on line and if you have a read "development" is surely being addressed now in a big way by the administration telling readers what it is doing.

http://thepoint.gm/


quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

OK fair point my signature is : "Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible, which I hope answers your question,an incorrect choice of words by me,but I am no lawyer or newspaper if the administration of Gambia wanted everyone to know about its projects it would let people know by publishing them

quote:
Originally posted by kiwi

quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

I have returned from Gambia last month,I was impressed by the signs of development that I saw on this visit,visible signs,a big change.As my "signature" shows,I am NOT a political animal,hence I do not wish to elaborate further,I hope readers will understand that.Again Lily thank you for your recent observations on Bantaba In Cyberspace forum.


You are telling that you are impressed by the signs of development but you do not want to tell what developments. You are not "political". Hm?





"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2018 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06