history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot
be written correctly until African historians dare to connect it
with the history of Egypt." by
Cheikh Anta Diop
- The Gambia - A page on The Gambia
and Gambia related links.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation - The Ibrahim Index of African Governance is a new, comprehensive ranking of sub-Saharan African nations according to governance quality.
- African Indigenous Science and Knowledge Systems
Africain de Football - The premier african football news and event site.
- African Womens Development Fund
- The AWDF funds local, national, sub-regional and
regional organisations in Africa working towards women’s empowerment.
- AAPDEP All African People's Development and Empowerment Project
- Songhai Center
- Songhai is a center for training, for production, research and development of
sustainable agricultural practices
The Story of Africa - BBC World Service
- Knowing Africa Project
- H-Africa Discussion Network - a member of Humanities & Social Sciences OnLine's consortium of scholarly lists. H-Africa encourages discussion of Africa's history, culture, and African studies generally. Africanists of all disciplines are encouraged to subscribe
- NEPAD - New Partnership for Africa's Development
- Working Group on Non-Formal Education (WGNFE) - An online discussion on non-formal education in Africa
- ECOLEX - World's largest environmental law database
- The African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights
- African Union - Union Africaine - News, Press Releases, and more about African Union in English and French
- The Africa Action Homepage - collection of policy-relevant information and analysis on
of Garba Diallo, with lots of useful information on Mauritania
- AllAfrica.com: PanAfrica NewsWire.
- The National Black United Front (NBUF) - a coalition made up of individuals and organizations working together for the benefit of all people of African descent.
- African Centre for Democracy and Human Rights Studies
- NY Transfer Africa News All the News That Doesn't Fit
- Sierra Leone Sierra Leone Web
- Live African Radio and Television - Personal Web site of Philip Emeagwali, a pioneer in the fields of computing and Internet
- Seneweb.com - A portal on SENEGAL
- SunuTV - Senegalese TV
and Radio stations LIVE
- Homeview Senegal - for listening to Senegalese theatre, music, news etc
- East African - Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Kenya, Uganda
- East African TV and news online
- The Economic Commission for Africa Web Site
- The National Summit on Africa, whose mission is to improve levels of public understanding about Africa and U.S. - Africa relations; create an expanded and
broad-based constituency for Africa; and enable a diverse coalition of
organizations and individuals to develop a shared Agenda for Action for
U.S. relations with the countries of Africa.
- Internet African History Sourcebook
- The Africa ICT Policy monitor website - A resource which aims at demystifying the concepts of ICT policy-making.
- Wonders of the African World with Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
- Africa South of the Sahara - Selected Internet Resources
Babu Africa and Third World Discussion Forum! - Abdulrahman Mohamed Babu was a writer, revolutionary and politician.
- ANC - African National Congress Home Page
- Timbuktu - UNESCO World Heritage Center
- MBendi - Information for Africa -
(electronic encylopaedia of buisnesses and commercial information)
for each African Country -
The African Studies Center at the University of Pennsylvania
- Direct Feed from Africa - University of Pennsylvania
- Africa Masterweb
- - Acacia web site online-A program to support sub-Saharan communities in their attempts to use ICTs for their own development objectives
Education / Educational institutions
- University Of the Gambia
The University of The Gambia was established by an Act of the National Assembly of the Gambia in March 1999.
- WAEC Gambia. The West African Examinations Council
fondamental d'Afrique Noire, Cheikh Anta Diop, IFAN A research institute covering the
natural and social sciences, part of the University of Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar. Founded in 1936 as a West African regional research institute. Lists its departments, a brief description of its publications. Pages are still under construction.
- Uppsala University in Sweden is a comprehensive international research university dedicated to advancing science, scholarship, and higher education.
- Cairo University A comprehensive institution of higher learning located in Giza, Egypt.
- Makerere University - Uganda's premier institution of higher learning
- University of Dar es Salaam - The University of Dar es Salaam was born out of a decision taken on March 25th, 1970, by the East African Authority, to split the then University of East Africa into three independent universities for Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Universities in Ghana - University of Ghana Affiliatied Institutions
- University of Cape Town - a major centre for research with exchange agreements and links with universities on the African continent and throughout the world
- DTU Danmarks Tekniske Universitet
Boston University- Homepage of the African Studies Center
School of Oriental and African Studies
Back to start page
Last updated on May 3rd, 2014